[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Oxygen (02) Simulator Installation
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Oxygen (02) Simulator Installation

Postby Akfahad » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:12 pm

I talked to my contact at the dealership, see if they could give me an answer...haven't called me back yet. I could probably look up Haynes also, didn't think about it actually.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey a little update for your 99 Solara 1mzfe.....go to

http://www.camrymanuals.com/manuals/99/99EWD.pdf

It has all connector types and wiring diagrams for a 99 Camry 1MZFE. I think it can apply to a Solara.
DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:40 pm

^^^Good find....tons of stuff, but the link is broken. No biggy, just click Gen 4 camry. Now just to sift through all that stuff to find the ECU. :wink:
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:51 pm

if you download the PDF file.....it's I think on page 67 for the wiring Diagram for the 1MZFE and look on page 70 something for the ECU Pin outs.
DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Just wanted to update people...went to the dealership and the mechanic who usually works on my car hooked me up. The actual file he used was pretty much the same thing that DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy found, so props to him/her for finding that. But for some reason I can't find the layout for the O2 sensor on Bank 1 Sensor 1 on the file that's supplied, could only find it on the one at the dealership. But regardless, it's a white wire, found on E10 (D), pin #11. I'm gonna pull it this weekend and let you guys know if it's actually right.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 pm

Glad to be of help.
DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:52 pm

Got it to work....for the '99 Solara:

click the link above, click Gen 4 Toyota Camry Factory Repair Manuals, click Electrical Wiring Diagrams and go to page 67. In the middle of the electrical diagram you'll see Bank 1 Sensor 2 (exhaust O2 sensor). One wire is pink and black, this is the heater function for the O2 sensor. The other wire is black, which is the actual O2 sensor. This is the wire you want (mine was black with two little silver strips around it spaced a couple of inches apart). The wire is under the E8 (B) diagram, which is found on page 77. The pin you'll be cutting is pin 8 and the actual connector going into the ECU is white (Some are white and some are black). The tricky part of this whole thing was that I was expecting my ECU to look like the picture, but it was actually upside down. So instead of seeing pin 8 on the top left side, in the second hole, it was the bottom left side in the second hole. Working fine and thanks for the help everyone.
Last edited by Akfahad on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:57 pm

I thought Bank 1 Sensor 2 was the rear ?? I could be wrong. :X
DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:55 pm

^^Damnit, now I can't remember.....I'll have to check, good thing I left myself plenty of space on those wires...
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Akfahad » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:43 pm

DaTwUnKrAziEpInOy was right. Guess I had my shiznit backwards. For the benefit of everybody:

Bank 1 Sensor 1 (front)
Bank 2 Sensor 1 (rear)
Bank 1 Sensor 2 (exhaust)
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby skipfiddes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:30 pm

I would like to do this on the weekend. Just had my y-pipe rewelded. Any chance anyone has a pic of which wire exactly? That link won't work for me. I have a 2002 Solara SLE. Appreciated greatly.
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby skipfiddes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:04 pm

Nobody has done this on a gen 1.5 Solara? I tried the link again, won't work for me.
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:17 pm

^^^I get "bandwidth exceeded...." but it could be because I'm at work, I'll try again when I get home. it's been so long, I don't even know if I remember all this, lol
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby skipfiddes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Yea, that's what I am getting aswell. I appreciate the help, let me know if you find or recall anything. Thanks
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5