[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DIY: CG-lock
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DIY: CG-lock

DIY: CG-lock

Postby SleeperSolara » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:24 pm

Well i got this off the WRX forums.

You will go to Home Depot and look for 2" U-bolt pipe clamps in the hardware section of Home Depot.
And then you will get some 5/16" carriage bolts, and 2 wing nuts that match the threadin' of the carriage bolts.
Since i didn't want to buy 3 carriage bolts or wing nuts i went to Ace Hardware Store and bought 2 that i needed.
For the carriage bolts i got the second shortest which works well for me.

Puttin' it together.

1. Take apart the the U-bolt pipe clamps apart, all you need is the flat metal piece.
2. Put 1 of the carriage bolts in the hole on one side and screw the wing nut on.
3. Sit in the car and seatbelt yourself in and then slide the metal pieces over the seatbelt near the buckle.
4. Then slide the second carriage bolt in the other end of the metal pieces, and screw the wing nut on.
5. Adjust so that the lap belt is snug.

Since i'm a slim person, i had to place the the homemade CG-lock behind that plastic locknut on the left of it when you're lookin' down at it.

If you need pictures let me know, and i'll post them up.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DatSRBoi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:30 pm

what is this.... I dont get it.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:19 am

ummm ^^^^ditto.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:23 am

ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby ThatVietGuy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 am

Cheap replacement for a harness, basically.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:37 am

Oh.. thats koo.

If ur even cheaper.. try the free mod..

pull ur seat belt hella quick to make it lock up,

then u twist the head where it fastens to ur seat till its fits u perfectly.

then u fasten it and vola! ur seat belt is tight as fux.. until u release it.

...just another way...

but good diy.. should post some pics^^^
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solaraN8 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:30 am

yea all you really have to do to lock your seat belt is pull the seat belt out all the way and it automatically locks, i forget what its called.. automatic locking retractors ?? cant remember and its too early to think..

Nate
TOTALLED..Stupid Deer.. 2k v6 solara 5speed,tein/tokico, trd bodykit, twm short shifter, metalized tint, borla exhaust, k&n filter,euro corners, nexo wheels...
New Car, 2003 IS300 5mt
solaraN8
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RDKamikaze » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:32 am

solaraN8 wrote:yea all you really have to do to lock your seat belt is pull the seat belt out all the way and it automatically locks, i forget what its called.. automatic locking retractors ?? cant remember and its too early to think..

Nate

I do that every so-often when I'm riding with somebody (passenger seat) who likes to cut turns a lot. I guess when you're racing, you really dn't remember to pull out your seatbelt all the way, all the time but I'm not sure. also, aren't racing harnesses required to race on certain tracks with certain cars? I dunno, all I know is that I like the locking seatbelt system :)
RDKamikaze
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5