[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD RSB install
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

TRD RSB install

Postby laidback0378 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 pm

I am still on the ropes trying to decide whether to get one or not. ON the one hand I really would enjoy the car handling better in corners, would appreciate that alot. My only hangup, and my ignorance plays into this, is that I hear bumps are more pronounced. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and most of the roads are atroscious. Potholes that are filled are back in a matter of weeks. The turnpike that I take to work (also called a thruway) requires over $3 million a year for the 30 mile stretch I drive, in upkeep. And its really bad. Every 15 feet there is a nasty strip of asphalt covering the concrete. Its so bad most high end vehicles can't handle it, or any other vehicle with a stiff suspension. Saw a guy in a corvette last week trying to do 70 mph and I watched his head wack into his ceiling and then into his drivers side window. I was laughing so hard even though I didn't bear him any ill will I just couldn't stop laughing.

For me, anything over 70 mph is just undrivable, uncontrolable, and my concern is if I get a TRD TSB that I will have to drive alot slower too.

Or are my fears unfounded?
laidback0378
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby timefourfood » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:35 pm

is your car lowered? I got the TRD sway bar with stock suspension and it still rides great, I don't feel any bumps at all with city driving. The sway bar is a great upgrade.
2000 SLE coupe
timefourfood
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 pm

it has 2 settings, one for street, one for track, so you should be fine..................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby '_' » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:56 pm

I think someone has already explained how the sway bar works in this thread. Regarding ride quality, it depends on what bumps you go over and at what angle.

Ex. If you go over a regular speedbump like you normally would, you won't feel the effects of the sway bar at all. If one side of the car goes over the bump however, it will be rough and you'd feel a jarring side-to-side kind of motion. The same would go for potholes that you hit or curbs/driveways/speed bumps that you go over at an angle.

The TRD RSB was one of the most noticeable mods I added and greatly improved the handling characteristics of the car. The roads out here aren't the greatest but don't seem as bad as your area, so it's really your call on that.
'_'
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:47 am

The TRD RSB handles side to side.

Struts/springs handle up and down.

You wont be disappointed with the TRD RSB.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby redgen1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 pm

laidback0378 wrote:I am still on the ropes trying to decide whether to get one or not. ON the one hand I really would enjoy the car handling better in corners, would appreciate that alot. My only hangup, and my ignorance plays into this, is that I hear bumps are more pronounced. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and most of the roads are atroscious. Potholes that are filled are back in a matter of weeks. The turnpike that I take to work (also called a thruway) requires over $3 million a year for the 30 mile stretch I drive, in upkeep. And its really bad. Every 15 feet there is a nasty strip of asphalt covering the concrete. Its so bad most high end vehicles can't handle it, or any other vehicle with a stiff suspension. Saw a guy in a corvette last week trying to do 70 mph and I watched his head wack into his ceiling and then into his drivers side window. I was laughing so hard even though I didn't bear him any ill will I just couldn't stop laughing.

For me, anything over 70 mph is just undrivable, uncontrolable, and my concern is if I get a TRD TSB that I will have to drive alot slower too.

Or are my fears unfounded?

yes. get a sway bar.

-red
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5