[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD RSB install
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

TRD RSB install

Postby aenties » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Sentinel wrote:the inboard hole is the track setting (shorter arm = less deflection / given force = stiffer)

I wish I knew where some test data could be found for this thing: I know most everyone has theirs on the track setting, but I have not seen any data that shows if it is better or not.

2 cents: I wish I'd never lowered my car, and wouldn;t have if I knew the improvement the TRD RSB was going to do before I bought the lowering parts.
1 cent: watch out for oversteer: the RSB makes the car more likely to oversteer in the track setting...

Are you sure the inner hole towards the rsb is the track setting? From reading the instructions that came with it, I thought it was the outer hole = track and inner hole = street.

this is not our rsb but heres a quick pic I did. I thought it was like this....

'98CamryLEV6:
Tokico,Eibach,TrdRSB,Intake,Jim'sTorqueRod.
aenties
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:47 am

CONFIRMED

Sentinel is correct. The inboard hole is the track setting. I just got my TRD RSB from Reggie and he says the samething.

Thanks again Reggie!!!
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TxBmbleBee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 pm

how much again are these rsbs shipped from reggie??
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:37 pm

TxBmbleBee wrote:how much again are these rsbs shipped from reggie??

$150 shipped
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby beigecamry » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Did any of you guys have trouble lining up the RSB and the brackets? It almost seems like the bar is 1/2 inch too short since the brackets/bushings never seem to line up perfectly with the OEM mounting points. I also couldn't push them towards the outer edges of the bar since it begins to angle and makes it nearly impossible to screw the bolts back into place. Also, the bar always seems to hitting one of the struts when the car is lifted, but clears everything once I drop the car back down again. Basically I've been having a similar problem as this member:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t226361.html

Any ideas/suggestions?
beigecamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:59 pm

beigecamry wrote:Did any of you guys have trouble lining up the RSB and the brackets? It almost seems like the bar is 1/2 inch too short since the brackets/bushings never seem to line up perfectly with the OEM mounting points. I also couldn't push them towards the outer edges of the bar since it begins to angle and makes it nearly impossible to screw the bolts back into place. Also, the bar always seems to hitting one of the struts when the car is lifted, but clears everything once I drop the car back down again. Basically I've been having a similar problem as this member:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t226361.html

Any ideas/suggestions?

The TRD RSB is a stronger thicker bar. You will need some muscle to install this yourself. After you have removed the stock RSB and have the TRD RSB lined up ready to bolt down. Dont completly tighten the bushing bolts just yet. Connect one side of the TRD RSB to the endlink and tighten the nut to tourqe specs. Then use a somewhat big C-clamp to fit the other endlink through the track setting hole. Tighten both endlinks first, then tighten your bushing bolts last. Of course you wana grease the bushings before you do any of this. I used Teflon Paste on mine and its works fantastic!!!

As for the guy on TN, he might have the wrong one so you might have the wrong one as well. You should double check with where ever you purchased it from to make sure you have the correct one.

Oh, and Reggie brought to my attention the the Gen 2 TRD RSB is $165 shipped. Sorry bout that Reggie!!! :(
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby beigecamry » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestion LEE337, I'll be sure to try that method tomorrow. I got mine from Reggie and he confirmed that this is indeed the correct RSB for the gen4.5 camry. BTW, did you have to twist the RSB upwards to get the bushings to align with the holes in the chassis?
beigecamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:17 pm

beigecamry wrote:Thanks for the suggestion LEE337, I'll be sure to try that method tomorrow. I got mine from Reggie and he confirmed that this is indeed the correct RSB for the gen4.5 camry. BTW, did you have to twist the RSB upwards to get the bushings to align with the holes in the chassis?

No, Mine lined up perfect. I was done with the whole process in about 1.5 hrs.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby beigecamry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:23 pm

My friend ended up installing the RSB for me. Anywho, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the car corners now. You guys were serious when you said it's a night/day difference in terms of handling.
beigecamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:46 pm

beigecamry wrote:My friend ended up installing the RSB for me. Anywho, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the car corners now. You guys were serious when you said it's a night/day difference in terms of handling.

So what ended up being the problem???
I was the same way when I drove mine for the first time. My first thought was, dam why didnt I buy this a lot sooner. I kept putting it off because I thought how big of a difference could it be for 150 bucks. Now its the best mod I have on my Solara untill I find a SC. 8)
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby beigecamry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:46 pm

LEE337 wrote:
beigecamry wrote:My friend ended up installing the RSB for me. Anywho, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the car corners now. You guys were serious when you said it's a night/day difference in terms of handling.

So what ended up being the problem???
I was the same way when I drove mine for the first time. My first thought was, dam why didnt I buy this a lot sooner. I kept putting it off because I thought how big of a difference could it be for 150 bucks. Now its the best mod I have on my Solara untill I find a SC. 8)

My friend said that he had to bend the brackets to get the bar to fit. He looked at the manual and asked if I got the wrong one, but I told him the Camry and Solara have the same chassis. Anyways, I was testing it out today and everything seems fine (no squeaking/clunking over bumps/driveways so far). I guess I'll find out the real limits of the car once I take it to the canyon roads.
beigecamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:12 am

Sentinel wrote:1 cent: watch out for oversteer: the RSB makes the car more likely to oversteer in the track setting...

I thought the Gen2 was tail-gone-wild happy from stock (crash avoidance drift at 65mph ain't nice)
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mole » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 am

inner hole= stiffer

outer hole = less stiff.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby jstarone » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

Is there much of a difference going from the factory oem RSB to a TRD rsb?
Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - Drop in K&N Filter
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby '_' » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 am

jstarone wrote:Is there much of a difference going from the factory oem RSB to a TRD rsb?

Yes, one of the best suspension mods you can do for the money. Night/day difference.
'_'
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5