[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to Solder connections on a CPE
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

How to Solder connections on a CPE

How to Solder connections on a CPE

Postby Midias » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:24 pm

I took apart the glove box and found one of the clip on connectors had nearly eaten through the wire :(. So I decided to fix them all the correct and suggested way by CPE. So if you are in my boat or want to prevent this I took some pics of how to easily solder all CPE connections. While still making it easy to remove and not permanently change anything so it is easy to go back to stock.

Soldering iron and solder
Heat shrink wrap assorted sizes
Heat source
female spade lugs blue and red
Wire strippers and cutters.

After removing ONE connector ONLY one you don't want 6 wires with no place to connect

Start by striping the wires and twisting them together.

Then slip a spade female connector over it and solder it on NOT CRIMP solder it.

Next slip heat shrink tubing over it and apply heat. I used a small lighter.

Now just slip in the CPE connector

Here all finished

and the black box

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5