[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CP-e Manual (Gen1)
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

CP-e Manual (Gen1)

CP-e Manual (Gen1)

Postby unbalancedwood » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 pm

Special thanks to Chad (Americanctm10) for scanning them. For all of us that lost the manual or bought a used one with out the manual.

unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:19 pm

good stuff.. cuz i think i lost mine lol
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Midias » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:01 am

I took apart the glove box and found one of the clip on connectors had nearly eaten through the wire . So I decided to fix them all the correct and suggested way by CPE. So if you are in my boat or want to prevent this I took some pics of how to easily solder all CPE connections. While still making it easy to remove and not permanently change anything so it is easy to go back to stock.

If you want me to just add the pics and entire how to I will edit.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=36031
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RandySolara » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Midias wrote:I took apart the glove box and found one of the clip on connectors had nearly eaten through the wire . So I decided to fix them all the correct and suggested way by CPE. So if you are in my boat or want to prevent this I took some pics of how to easily solder all CPE connections. While still making it easy to remove and not permanently change anything so it is easy to go back to stock.

Why do we cut wire when installing an Air Intake ? Injen is just plug and play...
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:32 pm

RandySolara wrote:
Midias wrote:I took apart the glove box and found one of the clip on connectors had nearly eaten through the wire . So I decided to fix them all the correct and suggested way by CPE. So if you are in my boat or want to prevent this I took some pics of how to easily solder all CPE connections. While still making it easy to remove and not permanently change anything so it is easy to go back to stock.

Why do we cut wire when installing an Air Intake ? Injen is just plug and play...

Because this isn't an Injen...

This model intake comes with an extra box that you splice into the ECU to help the car cope with the extra air.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Does this mod actually make a difference in performance you can feel?
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby unbalancedwood » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:05 am

^ Oh yes...and hear!

I found my Cpe for pretty cheap though, so it was worth it for me at the time. I would either get the K&N with the stock intake or the cpe, wouldnt spend 200 on an injen...
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby campfire9 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:18 am

Short of a SC, CPE is as good as it gets and yes you can feel it and hear it in a really good way.
Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another very expensive flying club.
campfire9
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Midias » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:19 am

RandySolara wrote:Why do we cut wire when installing an Air Intake ? Injen is just plug and play...

Because our MAF requires 2.75 inch pipe to work that is one of the reasons the ebay intake failed. The CPE is 3.5 inch pipe but that have an ecu piggyback to modify the MAF signal and allow it to work.

TLMNICK wrote:Does this mod actually make a difference in performance you can feel?

Hell yes best bang for the buck besides a supercharger.

As a person who has had every combination of intake I say CPE is the best.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RandySolara » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:33 am

Midias wrote:
RandySolara wrote:Why do we cut wire when installing an Air Intake ? Injen is just plug and play...

Because our MAF requires 2.75 inch pipe to work that is one of the reasons the ebay intake failed. The CPE is 3.5 inch pipe but that have an ecu piggyback to modify the MAF signal and allow it to work.

TLMNICK wrote:Does this mod actually make a difference in performance you can feel?

Hell yes best bang for the buck besides a supercharger.

As a person who has had every combination of intake I say CPE is the best.

Umm interesting, ur the best SG member Midias, ur info is helpful and detailed very easy to understand with the way of ur explaination.

0.75 inch different of air blow i would say no need those Electric-charge, dont know how different with TRD-supercharge, no wonder me n friend get the "CHECK" engline sensor light after installed the Ebay Intake, but the CHECK didnt come up right away though, my friend drove for around 4-5 miles and then he noticed. My wife drove the car i noticed after it happened to my friend.

So the Injen Short ram intake is 2.75 inches equal to Stock Factory AIR INTAKE ? that was why just plug n drive ? i know that more air more power, i am just curioused everytime before i do something. Thanks all of u guys for the great info.
RandySolara
BAN sticked

Re:

Postby wyckd » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 am

i wanna see pictures...lol
FS:
255/40/R18 Turanza ER33 ($60 shipped)
Lexus IS250 18.5" Silver Rims, non staggered ($450 + shipping)
Lowering Springs: Eibach (Rear only)
wyckd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Re:

Postby Midias » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 am

wyckd wrote:

i wanna see pictures...lol

Right in the links in my sig

viewtopic.php?t=36018
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: CP-e Manual (Gen1)

Postby wyckd » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:21 am

^thanks

am i still gonna have to cut the wire in the last step for the orange+green wire?
FS:
wyckd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Midias » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:23 am

wyckd wrote:^thanks

am i still gonna have to cut the wire in the last step for the orange+green wire?

Yes install is exactly the same but you solder instead of crimp.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wyckd » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:35 am

i bought mine used...what are those "white ends" that i need after cutting the wire?
FS:
wyckd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5