[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Camry DIY Oil Change
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Camry DIY Oil Change

Camry DIY Oil Change

Postby onefiend » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:41 pm

Found this on TN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXLnyzA-6tM

The youtube video shows how to do an Oil Change on a Gen6 V6 (2GR-FE) Camry with the cartridge style oil filter.

I'm assuming this is the same on the new Rav4 and Avalons.
2007 Camry SE V6
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Thats pretty cool, I didn't know that kind of oil filter existed. I wouldn't have used that type of oil, I use Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:45 pm

^Me neither... That'll be a bliss to change; only on the bottom of the engine = A LOT LESS messy and risky than the 1MZ... SO many design flaws.

* Placed directly below the exhaust manifold with limited space around = HOT, even if the rest of the engine is cold after a 60-second run.

* The filter is at a 90-degree angle again, sandwiched between many things = hope your rags get most of it; if not, better keep your Simple Green handy.

If only all cars implemented it, then my DIY oil changes would be MUCH faster.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:46 pm

I agree I don't like that the filter is on the front of the motor, right under the damn exhaust manifold!
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5