[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wheal Bearing
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Wheal Bearing

Wheal Bearing

Postby greeensolara » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:33 pm

How to replace the wheel bearing on the rear driver side. any help would be great.
I just dont know which bolts to unscrew when i remove the disc. i believe there should be 4 or something like that.

thanks in advance
greeensolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Remove the brake disk pad like normal, There should be two other bolts holding the brake caps down, after that the disk rotor should come off. From there If I remember correctly theres 4 bolts that holds the bearing down. You will have to remove the inner drum pads to get it out.

so its like 6 bolt total If I remember off my head.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby greeensolara » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:04 pm

so ur sayin to remove the e-brake pads to get access to the bolts? i just cant find them. i didnt wanna do anything where i would screw up the whole thing and be driveless. but thanks for your help
greeensolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:16 pm

greeensolara wrote:so ur sayin to remove the e-brake pads to get access to the bolts? i just cant find them. i didnt wanna do anything where i would screw up the whole thing and be driveless. but thanks for your help

The bearing is behind the rotors Which behind the rotors is also the drum brake pads which is in the way, The rotors are held in place because of the brake capliers is keeping it from falling off. To get to it you have to remove the two bolts holding the brake pad cap on, then the other two bolts that holds the brake cap assembly on. That allows you to pull off your rotors. From there you have to remove the drum brakes to unbolt the 4 bolts to get off the bearing.. Its something like that.

You also have to release your Ebrake to remove the rotors.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby valen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:20 am

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm working on the same project. My rear driver side bearing assembly is out. But cant figure out how the ABS indicator is to be removed? I have an 02 if that matters.
Thanks for your help.
valen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5