[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Independent Foglight Mod. (GEN1)
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

New Independent Foglight Mod. (GEN1)

Postby Skew » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Okay thanks, Ill finish this up tomorrow. And post some pics.
| 99 SLE V6 | TRD AB Exhaust | Vinyl Matte Black Roof | Custom Mesh Grill | 20% Tint |
Skew
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Skew » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Done! Thannks for the sweet tutorial.

Pics taken witha cell phone. Sorry for the crappy quality.

| 99 SLE V6 | TRD AB Exhaust | Vinyl Matte Black Roof | Custom Mesh Grill | 20% Tint |
Skew
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:16 am

Nice job man!......enjoy :)
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yoboyandre » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:24 pm

thats nice!! i been thinking of somehow to do this.. i was gonna pull some crazy sh*t.. but thanks i found SG =) love this place!! cant wait to do mine this week
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yoboyandre » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:06 pm

could anyone help me please!! i did everything i said, my relay was not in same spot as the writer of this so i read the post others left and found it were they did and spliced into solid red wire and did all the steps! and everything works like it says EXCEPT my headlights still stay on all the time even when i put both switches on OFF =( .. what could i have done wrong?
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yoboyandre » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:52 pm

??
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jstarone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 pm

This is exactly what I was looking for, this saves me from breaking out my 12v probe. Thanks! This is the first mod I'm doing this weekend when I pick up my new lara. (its currently 600km away :( )
Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - Drop in K&N Filter
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yoboyandre » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:36 pm

can anyone help me?? i did it all the steps and the only thing that seems to work is the fogs stay on with HB , but driving lights n headlights always stay on at night and headlights always during the day :( HELP!!
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:05 pm

did you disconnect your daytime running lights?
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby D-money » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:18 pm

if it is night time your dash sensor will automatically turn your head lights on the only way to stop that is to disconnect the sensor i think it is on here some where how to do that and if it also does it during the day there is a grey plug in the very corner of the fire wall on the passenger side if you unplug that your DRLs will turn off
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 pm

^^+1 on the daytime running lights. That will cause the issue you're experiencing.

Also...the red wire at the relay isn't supposed to be "tapped" onto....its supposed to be cut completely, and you splice into "relay side" of that red wire. The other side gets taped up and connected to nothing.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yoboyandre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:44 am

thanks! ill try that later on today! so gray plug very corner of firewall on pass. side... this will turn off my daytime lights and the ones automaticly turn on at night too? or no?
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 am

the grey plug is the quick fix...it will turn off your DRLs during the day, but once that sensor picks up low light illumination, your lights will go back on again.

If you want to completely disable your DRLs, there's a wire you have to cut to the left of the radio, basically right above the drivers knee. You'll have to take off the panels underneath the stearing wheel and pull the paneling apart that's to the left of the shifter and radio. There's a little harness in there. There's a thread that was done up a while ago in the 'Tutorial' section here. that thread should still be good to see the pictures, just need to find it.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:53 am

^^....OR instead of cutting the wire, you can pop the daylight sensor off, and unplug it. The daylight sensor is right on the top of the dash on the passengerside. It looks like a small "dome" if you will.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yoboyandre » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:05 pm

thanks a lot! unplugged it and bam =D .. ill pop out my light sensor in a bit.. seems like everything is good ONLY thing is.. everything is working how I want it and how it says it will but the fogs only come on with driving lights/turning signal lights.. how can I get them to turn on jus by themselves??
yoboyandre
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5