[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Yellow Fog Lights for a Gen 1
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Yellow Fog Lights for a Gen 1

Yellow Fog Lights for a Gen 1

Postby BChad200 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 pm

i thought it was lame that the yellow fog lights are only available for the gen 1.5's so i decided i was gonna figure out how to make my fogs yellow.... that jdm lexus look. this is a really easy procedure just takes some time and patience. the first thing you'll need is some yellow tint. get on ebay and look around and you'll find some. you'll need about two square feet.

1. drop the splash guards down on each side of the car to access the foglight housings. all you'll need is a 10mm socket.

2. once the plastic guard is pushed aside/removed you can access the light. twist and remove the bulb. i remove the bulb from the socket to ensure it didnt get broken.

3. i believe there are two small nuts holding it in. 8mm i believe...its takes some small turns til its loose enough to get with your fingers but easy nonetheless.

4. pull out the light housing. take it inside and clean it up good to ensure there wont be any crap stuck under your tint.

5. trim the tint down slightly larger than the light. the tint i had had an adhesive backing making it much easier. granted it doesnt readily stick. starting in the middle work the tint outward to minimize the bubbles. wrap the edges over the sides of the light and trim if necessary. you cant see the rough edges once the lights are install so it doesn't have to be perfect.

6. finally put the light in the oven at somewhere between 175-200 for about 10 minutes to heat up the glue.

7 take out your freshly baked lights.... put them back on the car, grab a beer then stand back and admire your work.

BChad200
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Toy1mzfe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Looks like a better process than mine. I just took off adhesive and applied soapy water and pushed the bubbles out. Tint was whack and have hella bubbles.

anyways, i rock yellow fogs!

Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5