[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Adjustable cam gears? General Turbo Question..
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Adjustable cam gears? General Turbo Question..

Adjustable cam gears? General Turbo Question..

Postby Robert » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:02 am

Ooops, wrong thread, hopefully someone can move this for me :D

Is this part existent for our solaras??

I was talking to one of my local performance shops "Jotech" & Kenny tran told me he can't do a custom turbo set up since he cant retard the timing without adjustable cam gears...

How do you turbo guys get passed this issue, and what can i do to get my car into Turbo Shape...

otherwise i'm gona be spending twice as much Getting the block built up for N/A application

this is for a V6 1mzfe
Robert
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:27 am

retard cam timing? AFAIK, unless cars have a cam ground specifically for a turbo, the stock cam is the way to go. I don't think any aftermarket cam, or cam adjustable cam gear exists for us. As far as getting turbo ready, i say make sure everything is in good working order, good compression, no CELs...and be prepared for a rebuild incase something goes wrong. Its all in the tune
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby panic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 am

panic
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Smaay » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:16 am

you dont retard cam timing, you retard ignition timing. most, toyota ECU's will see and detonation via knock sensors and retard the timing for you. another ooption is the AEM FIC piggyback that can pull timing for you and control fuel.
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby panic » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 am

No, he's talking about changing the lobe separation angle to reduce overlap by retarding the intake cam.
panic
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5