[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TLMNICK's Install Tutorial: Install your Own alarm/Starter
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

TLMNICK's Install Tutorial: Install your Own alarm/Starter

Re: TLMNICK's Install Tutorial: Install your Own alarm/Start

Postby installerman2011 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi

My key does not have a chip, I am using the one that I have copied in walmart.

I already have tried that, I left the key in and tried to remote start the car , it gives me the same problem it cranks but it does not start i also tried twisting the key to the right and the alarm shows that the key is in and does not remote start , the parking light flashes 2 times. I also tried unlocking the car by the alarm and leaving the key in ,still it cranks but it doesn't start.

I searched different websites and some people say if the car has the red flashing light , that means it has a immobilizer also there are bypass modules out there that support camry 99 , and maybe it had a chip and the previous owner managed to disable it.
I its strange if the key does not have a chip then how come it doesn't work, I already have check all the wires.

I also used t-taps , I dont know if T-taps could cause the problem , but people who were having the same problem , the needed the by-pass module.

I am going to order this bypass "DEI PKALL Data Transponder Bypass", This supports more than 700 car, it supports from camry 98 to 2011, it also can be updated by usb.

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownlo ... areid=1636

I was wondering if you could write down the way you used your bypass module and the name of the bypass that you used.

Also the link that you have added does not work http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/printpage.a ... 2&MakeID=2

Thanks
installerman2011
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:27 am

If you were able to use a key from walmart, then you likely don't have a transponder in there. Did you make sure that you use BOTH Ignition1, AND ignition2 wires in the car? If you didn't hook them BOTH up to your remote starter, then the car will not start...it will crank, and crank...but no start.

Since you're using a compustar, your installation should be almost identical to the one I did in this tutorial. If you didn't hook up that extra relay as "Ignition2", then you're not going to get the car to start.

Another piece of advice....do not use T-taps. They're absolute $hit. They look like $hit, and they don't hold a nice connection.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby installerman2011 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello

Thank you , you were right, before I was following the installers guide from Compustar, it was saying if I have a positive 2nd ignition( which I have) , I should connect the - 2nd ignition wire from the alarm which was - negative to a purple wire on one of the relays ( which was open ended) then the blue wire from the same relay ( which was open ended) is going to give me + positive 2nd ignition, however that was NOT true :( and I suspected that last week, becuase when I was troubleshooting I unplugged the 2nd ignition and I notice no difference.

So after what you said I went back and used the ohmmeter for measuring the 2nd positive ignition wire ( from the relay while it was connected to the car) and it was not giving me any voltage , then I used the ohmmeter on the 2nd ignition on the car and turned on my car guess What? It had voltage , so that means 2nd ignition wire needed voltage there wasn't any. :o :P

Then I used the remote starter to start the car and while it was cranking I connected the constant 12V to the 2nd ignition on the car guest what? it turned on and it was working for as long as I keep the constant 12V on the 2nd ignition, so at the end I connected the + ignition 1 wire from the alarm to the 2nd ignition on the car and It is working fine and there is no need to used the purple and blue wire.
The remote start works now and I see the car running on the remote and I can also turn it off from the remote. :D :D
Solution was:
+ Ignition 1 from alarm to +ignition 1 on the car
and also
+ Ignition 1 from alarm to + ignition 2 on the car ( ignition 1 should be connected to ignition 1 and 2 on the car)
:D :D
The door trigger wire that you showed on the pic did not work for me however I used the owners manual and connected the wire to the harness behind the dash-light and it works now, I also connected the hood trigger and trunk trigger, I just need to adjust the hood pin tomorrow.

I am going to connected the rear defogger and the window roll up tomorrow, they should be very easy, I already ordered the PKALL, I will keep it for next time when I buy a newer Camry.

Thank you so much for posting those pictured and explaining every thing , I wouldn't be able to done without your herlp.

If anyone else needs any help they can also contact me. :wink:

Take Care
installerman2011
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gp56 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I had a Prestige APS55 with remote start. Fobs were getting ragged so I replaced the control unit with a later model APS57c. All wires were identical except for the new antenna/push button combo. I used all existing wiring. Doors lock and unlock, when I try the remote start I get the 7 flashing lights, which means it has to learn the tach. Go thru the learn procedure with no results. I have no idea where the tach wire is routed to. Was looking to run a line from the igniter (01 Solara with V6) but I am not sure which wire to tap into. Previously posted instructions say its a grey wire. There are several wires on my igniter, none of which really look grey. Does anyone know what position in the harness the grey wire would be? Still cant figure out why the new remote start wont learn the ach, but I figure routing a new line may be the quickest way. Thanks for your help.
gp56
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5