[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DIY: OBX Headers Installation
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DIY: OBX Headers Installation

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 pm

GREAT TUTORIAL. I was able to finally complete the job after 4 days of work. The reason it took me so long was i had to keep going out to buy parts and then i didn't even have the egr tube. Also i'm not the best mechanic. I almost gave up at one point. If i had to do it all over again i'd probably take it to a shop, but that's just me.

For anybody who is going to attempt this DIY it is very possible to do by yourself. Just make sure you have all the exact tools mentioned.

Thanks for the tutorial
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MillerTime12oz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:11 am

Great Tutorial. What does it mean if the CEL light comes on. If I installed these would I have to put a cat on or would it still run ok? How would I get by without installing a cat?
MillerTime12oz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby EricSol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm

You will have to install a cat or a O2 simulator to keep the light off.

MillerTime12oz wrote:Great Tutorial. What does it mean if the CEL light comes on. If I installed these would I have to put a cat on or would it still run ok? How would I get by without installing a cat?
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: DIY: OBX Headers Installation

Postby 1kdude » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks for a very helpful tutorial. Does the OBX Y pipe fit on the stock headers? I have a Greddy cat back on now..

Thanks again.
1kdude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: DIY: OBX Headers Installation

Postby 1gSE » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:45 pm

1kdude wrote:Thanks for a very helpful tutorial. Does the OBX Y pipe fit on the stock headers? I have a Greddy cat back on now..

Thanks again.

No. The factory manifolds are a 2 bolt design, OBX is 3
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5