[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Under dash illuminated entry
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Under dash illuminated entry

Postby kamjah » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:56 pm

i have two 12 foot neons under my dash in my 04 solara, and on the passenger side. i first tried attaching one side to the bolt that holds the carpet on, and the other i attached to the bottom of the dash with adhesive velcro, but the velcro lasted about 1 day. so then i tried zipties, but they ended up being too short, and theres like no good place to ziptie them in. has anyone tried putting neons under the passenger side? if so, could i see some pictures of where you tied it in, and how? the only other thing i can think nof is to get those really freakkin long zipties from home depot. but any other creative ideas are appreciated
I Like....... You
kamjah
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:49 pm

i wired everything in for my under dash lights but when i try to connect the switch, the fuse blows. Any ideas?
2001 Dark Blue Solara SE V6
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
Two Alpine 12" Type R Subs
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kubi » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:33 pm

You put it on the top left fuse? I have my radar detector and 2 Street Glow neons running to that fuse and they run fine.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:19 pm

i connected it straight into one of my cig ligters. how did you wire it into the 20amp fuse?
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kubi » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:35 pm

There is a fuse box behind the coin tray. I used a fuse tap to connect it to the fuse in the top left corner.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lupous » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:18 pm

or you could put a 20 amp fuse into the cig lighter fuse...i don't have the books here now, but that shouldn't interfere with anything
lupous
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kubi » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:22 pm

You could put an inline fuse in... but it's already blowing the fuse, that wouldn't help. How big is the fuse for the cigarette lighter?
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lupous » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:39 pm

you and i should be in the fricken chat room...seems like all we're doing is answering eachothers posts :drinking:

don't know the size of the cig fuse, but i was just saying that if he made it a better fuse, it wouldn't blow so much
lupous
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:01 pm

the cig size is 15 amps. i replaced it with a 20 and its still blowing if i try to turn the lights off with the switch.
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kubi » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:06 pm

It blows when you turn it off with the switch? Have you checked the ground for the switch?
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LOO_SILL » Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:40 pm

bassthrive wrote:I used two 6" mini neons. I got blue not only because I like the color, but because I was planning on making every light inside the car blue. Dome, dash and a/c are easy enough but I didnt think about the fact that you cant replace bulbs in the headunit or the clock. I have no idea if the ignition light and shift gate bulbs are replacable. I think the dash would look nasty with green on blue. Color clashing is not an issue with my lights though because 98% of the time they are off while im driving. I think greens will look great sammy.

Im off to hardwire my radar detector now. Ill have a DIY article up for that soon.

I think that is HOT...were did you go to get those 6" neons. I have gonna add some as well....contemplating blue (favorite color and all)...
NO1BLACKMAN

'99 SOLARA SE,BLK
19% smoke tint,factory match woodgrain kit,Pioneer DEH 7500 headunit, JVC component 6 1/2 & 4" x2,MTX 404 AMP pushing,Infinity 6x9 Loudspeaker x2,MTX thunder6000 12" isobaric bandpass,bridged
LOO_SILL
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby thatdamngood777 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:11 am

Search, find someone who customizes, get it done there. Isn't that the easiest way with most of the things on here? Maybe its just me...You won't blow fuses and fu*k up your car! Thats what I would do. :drinking: I rather not blow any fuses or scratch or damage anything permenently. I get crazy if I see any scratch or dirt anywhere on my car! I wanted to kill this chick who scraped my bumper in a club parking lot! :evil: :agrue:
thatdamngood777
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Cspence » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:38 pm

I just have a quite question for josh or anyone else that might know. Where could i get a 12 v source for like 4 neons (1 under each seat and under each side of the dash) without having to run a whole new wire from the battery to run them...I plan on using the cig lighter for the fog light relay, so could i use that source again or should i get something else. Ne ways i just dont want to run a whole knew wire in from the battery. Also just to double check the wires tapped into by the doors is a ground......also for anyone that has this done, how long do the neons stay on after you close the doors. Well let me know. Thanks guys
Cspence
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bassthrive » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:21 am

Cspence wrote:I just have a quite question for josh or anyone else that might know. Where could i get a 12 v source for like 4 neons (1 under each seat and under each side of the dash) without having to run a whole new wire from the battery to run them...I plan on using the cig lighter for the fog light relay, so could i use that source again or should i get something else. Ne ways i just dont want to run a whole knew wire in from the battery. Also just to double check the wires tapped into by the doors is a ground......also for anyone that has this done, how long do the neons stay on after you close the doors. Well let me know. Thanks guys

Four lights? You may want to run a line from the battery to ensure you are getting enough juice. The door trigger is where you will connect the ground, correct. The neons stay on as long as the dome light stays on.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5