[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Under dash illuminated entry
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Under dash illuminated entry

Postby pythonjosh » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:22 am

Chris, although running a new line is the best and safest way, but tapping into the cig lighter is another way that can work also.
The cig lighter is a good circuit to add stuff to. Because 1) it doesn't and can't interfere with any other part of the car, and 2) it turns cold when the key is in the OFF position. I believe the original fuse is either 7.5 or 10 amps, should be ok to add your neons. If you blow the fuse, double check your wiring, ie undo and redo it throoughly, and if everything is correct, replace with the next amperage up. It is important not to exceed 25 amp fuses because if there is a grounding/shorting happening, the fuse might be strong enough to hold the current and cause a fire. The important thing is, if there is a short, you want that fuse to blow. I know as a fact that a 35amp fuse won't blow at the amperage needed to melt wires and start a fire, in the case of a short. Just always be safe and use a hot wire tester on every wire you use. And the single most important thing, please post pics of your work! lol
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby AznDragonV » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:50 pm

im thinking of doin this...can i do it wit these ...and wit the switch it comes wit can i do the manual turn on also thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-MILLIO ... 2212QQrdZ1
AznDragonV
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pythonjosh » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:47 am

AznDragonV wrote:im thinking of doin this...can i do it wit these ...and wit the switch it comes wit can i do the manual turn on also thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-MILLIO ... 2212QQrdZ1

Looks good to me. Wonder how long it will last tho. Not a bad price to experiment with.
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5