[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Drum to Disk Conversion
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Rear Drum to Disk Conversion

Postby Solaradude » Thu May 20, 2004 11:33 am

miltdoggie wrote:just get rid of the 4 banger and get a v6

dude....if i could somehow trade in my car and pay like 2 grand for an SLE model sheeit. i would do it...of course the mileage would have to be lower than 55k :)

steve :evilbat:
I will bankroll your poker career!! visit www.instant-bankroll.com
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Turbosolara » Fri May 21, 2004 7:03 pm

OOOPS i was going too fast. i was saying that it had been done, so it is not impossible and in fact it just as easy as civic swap integra brake.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Solaradude » Sat May 22, 2004 10:08 am

UltraslowSolara wrote:OOOPS i was going too fast. i was saying that it had been done, so it is not impossible and in fact it just as easy as civic swap integra brake.

hey ultraslowsolara, would you be able to give me a list of stuff that I need for this conversion pleeeeeeease????

Steve :evilbat:
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Turbosolara » Sat May 22, 2004 11:10 pm

This is what i did.

I print out the kocho's instruction and diagrms and i study over it for two hours, along with my repair manual. Then i image it in my head with all the process and necessary tools. the next day i went to junkyard and hunt for v6 camry and i did find one. So i tell the worker (most of yard that with newer cars in southern california is that you told them what you want and they will get you parts) i am doing brake swap so i want the complete rear spindle unit with brakes stuffs, (brake caliper, hand brake cable and axle carrier) along with UNCUT brake line. (this unit usually cost you 200-250 per pair)

In most of case, you will find the brake disc are rusted like hell and the pad is bad. So you will need to spend another 100-300 to get new brake pad and discs.

when you intall the brake unit you will need to buy a special tool for brake line.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Solaradude » Sun May 23, 2004 12:15 pm

UltraslowSolara wrote:This is what i did.

I print out the kocho's instruction and diagrms and i study over it for two hours, along with my repair manual. Then i image it in my head with all the process and necessary tools. the next day i went to junkyard and hunt for v6 camry and i did find one. So i tell the worker (most of yard that with newer cars in southern california is that you told them what you want and they will get you parts) i am doing brake swap so i want the complete rear spindle unit with brakes stuffs, (brake caliper, hand brake cable and axle carrier) along with UNCUT brake line. (this unit usually cost you 200-250 per pair)

In most of case, you will find the brake disc are rusted like hell and the pad is bad. So you will need to spend another 100-300 to get new brake pad and discs.

when you intall the brake unit you will need to buy a special tool for brake line.

do you have ABS?

Steve :evilbat:
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5