[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - The BEST Headlight Restoration (pictures)
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

The BEST Headlight Restoration (pictures)

Re: The BEST Headlight Restoration (pictures)

Postby sk8r776 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 pm

I have used the 3m one. Got it from napa for $25. Used on the 02 accord before it got wreched. 2 years with no dulling. You need tyo use the kit then the 3m lens polish. Just did the solara last night since i painted the head/corner lights black.

'93 Civic LX --> '02 Accord SE 5-Speed --> '01 Solara SE 5-Speed --> '06 350z Base Rev-UP

Mods
Hid Conversion 8K + 3K, Injen SRI, GLP CAI extension, Lots more to come.
sk8r776
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: The BEST Headlight Restoration (pictures)

Postby t3chnique » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:25 am

I was thinking about buying the Turtle Wax Restoration Kit but then I saw people saying rubbing compound might work. Anyone know if their Polishing Compound works?

The most important step to these kits is to seal the headlight after your done. Otherwise, it will dull again within a few weeks. Turtle wax I hear includes a sealer in their kits but 3M requires you to buy separately.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5