[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - P0136 Heated Downstream 02 Sensor Questions
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

P0136 Heated Downstream 02 Sensor Questions

P0136 Heated Downstream 02 Sensor Questions

Postby dkertis10 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I've tried to search for about a week and keep finding various things that seem to contradict each other. I have the p0136 code on my 2000 V6 Solara, and it's the Oxygen O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2). If what I'm reading is correct it is the post cat sensor. Would this one work out?

http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-4137-Ox ... B000C5UFQ2

I know I have to jack it up and then remove the drivers seat to be able to snake it through, I just want to make sure I get the right part to stop the delay on this because my gas mileage is terrible right now.
Kicker sound system, 17 inch MB Wheels on Continental ContiExtremeContact tires, more mods to come..
dkertis10
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: P0136 Heated Downstream 02 Sensor Questions

Postby chriscarter » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:20 am

On O2 sensors, go by listed application for the part. Be sure the manufacturer says it fits your car. Operating voltages and currents in the FI system are in the tenth of a volt and milliamp range....don't buy a cheap or used O2 sensor......there are many online sources for good quality, reaonably priced, brand name O2 sensors. Use Denso, Bosch, etc....

Not sure about your specific car, but on Lexus and most Camrys. the passenger seat is removed. It's a pain in the tail......go under the car to inscrew the sensor from the pipe, remove the back part of the console, unbolt the seat, disconnect the wire connector, replace the sensor, put everything back together! It may take you 1-1/2 hours if you haven't done it before.
chriscarter

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5