[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Night time headlight sensor
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Night time headlight sensor

Night time headlight sensor

Postby pythonjosh » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:43 pm

Hi, I didn't see anything in the FAQ as I don't really understand how the FAQ works. Anyways, I was able to unplug the wire to the DRL but I would like the ability to turn off my headlights at night without having to turn off the car. Would I unplug the sensor? Is there a fuse to pull? I just don't like not being able to control the headlights at night. Thanks,
Josh
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JoeB » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:55 am

Josh, I know, sometimes it's difficult to find what you are looking for using the search. Try using different words to describe what you are looking for. Also try using fewer words to get more matches. What you need is the TSB to disable the DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) found here http://www.tacomaterritory.com/~faqsection/content/dsabldrl.htm . It was discussed in this thread http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=1412&highlight=drl+tsb . Hope it helps, -JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Blaze » Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:21 am

pop up the semsor (it pulls out easily) and unplug it
Imagination is the hood ornament on the car of creativity.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby geminimouse » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:08 pm

Blaze wrote:pop up the semsor (it pulls out easily) and unplug it

Is the sensor those black domes on top of the dash?
Are they both sensors or only one of them is?
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SpikedMantis » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:22 pm

Funny, I just did mine on Friday. It's just the passenger side one. You have to pull out the whole thing. My stupid self tried to just pull out the little knob and not the part around it. :P
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby FLASH » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:41 pm

That was a very informative tutorial. :vamp:
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer