[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Removing trunk paneling and folddown seat barrier
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Removing trunk paneling and folddown seat barrier

Removing trunk paneling and folddown seat barrier

Postby MalBandito99 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:21 pm

Hey, I got a little dilemna. Ordered a subwoofer box built to specifications for maximum size; it'll fit once its in, but I can't just slide it in through the normal trunk opening. I think I'll need to do it from the inside, thus I need to clear some room so I can get this 41"x16"x14" sub box in. How do I remove the rearfold down seat barrier to the trunk, if at all possible?

Please help me. I'm so frustrated that I finally got my stuff here and it won't fit in normally. Thanks.
MalBandito99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:26 pm

under the carpet there's bolts. really easy, just look around. fold down the chairs and lift the carpet close to the pivot point of the chairs. good luck and let us know how it goes
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby HKSV6SLE » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:50 pm

what size subs are going in? that sounds like a huge box....i took my box out of my trunk while my amp is getting fixed and my car went up half an inch in the back...
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. Any more help from an other experienced people would be great too. I just took off the clips from the inside in the rearfold seat barrier to the trunk, but theres metal supports on the inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Postby MalBandito99 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:54 pm

Oh its just one 12. :D RE 12XXX sub, feeded 1400wrms at 1 ohm. The box is one hell of rat maze as far as vents go.
MalBandito99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MalBandito99 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:18 pm

Ahha, eureka! Got the enclosure in by much hard and painstaking thinking. Got the taillight trunk panel removed, which gave enough room to squeeze the corner of the box in, and then it works! Thanks for the help anyways guys! Once I get the sub installed, I'll post some finished pics for yall. 8)
MalBandito99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5