[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Taking off door skins
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Taking off door skins

Taking off door skins

Postby kondo » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:26 am

Last night I notied that one of my door speakers as not working so I had to take the whole door skin off to get to the speaker. I checked on here and found some pics that blaze had put up. Here is how to do it.
http://www.pbase.com/blaze/install

1) remove the black peice of plastic behind the mirror by poping it out and up.

2)pop out the little plastic peice above the door handle. and then remove the screw behind it.

3) Take out the peice of cardboard in the cubby hole thing in the arm rest and take that screw out.

4) Pull the plastic peice out the has the window and door lock on it. To do this without breaking the clip put a small flat screwdriver witchever side is the same as the way the door openes. pop in and up. Then remove the two clips that go to the window and lock.

5) take out the big screw going into the peice of metal. ( its hard to miss once you take out the arm rest cubby thing.

6) take the round plastic peice off that is above where the speaker goes and remove the screw behind it.

5) remove the two screw that are on the bottom of the door.

7) take the peice of plasitc off that goes around the door handle. Take a butter knife and put it right above where the lock is and pry up and out. (this was the hardest part there is a pic of it on blazes install page above)

8) now pop the bottom half of the door out.

9) carefully pull the top half of the door up and you can get down with the speakers.

10) when putting the door skin back on be carefull. It took me 10 minuites to get it on right. make sure the bottom is lined up and the pop the top down.

11) put all the srcrews and clips back in( dont forget to reconnect the window and lock)

12) enjoy the satisfaction of doing it you self. :P

Good Luck everyone
and thanks go to blaze because his pics helped me out a lot

Nick
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Postby SolaraT » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:52 pm

Nice, I was needing this. good info! :P
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby offthahook » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:36 pm

Nice job. These can be a trick to get off and you can mess up the piece pretty bad if you do not get EVERY clip/screw out before you pry. nOt to be a chump, but this is actually called the door panel. A door skin is the outside metal piece. Very helpful info. nonetheless!!
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby geminimouse » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:34 pm

4) Pull the plastic peice out the has the window and door lock on it. To do this without breaking the clip put a small flat screwdriver witchever side is the same as the way the door openes. pop in and up. Then remove the two clips that go to the window and lock.

I thought u just had to pull the piece towards the rear of the car then lift up to get it out...
Whatever works for u
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SolaraT » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:09 pm

I intalled some speakers in my doors and I ended up with some spare parts. :lol: these two black rubber looking things about one - two inches in length. O well I don't feel any difference with vibrations or anything so no big deal. I left the crossovers outside of the skins and they lay in the bottom pockets in case I need to tweak them.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5