[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - oil change on the 1mz-fe
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

oil change on the 1mz-fe

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:29 pm

Adam was right. 4 QTS is enough for 5sfe.

I used to drive a 95 4 cyl camry.

4.5 is way too much.

if it burns oil, just add 0.1 to it.
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby adam2562 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:22 am

haha yea i always go juts a tad over to compensate if a customers car is burning oil or leaking..
Adam - 99 V6 5spd 165k -SOLD
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: oil change on the 1mz-fe

Postby impactX » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:43 pm

[quote="AzN_DrAgoN48"][/quote]

Hmm don't have to replace the bolt, just replace the gasket.

I usually start the car and let it run when almost all the oil came out. Some leftovers will come out.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: oil change on the 1mz-fe

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:00 pm

impactX wrote:
AzN_DrAgoN48 wrote:

I usually start the car and let it run when almost all the oil came out.

Sorry for ressuction (i wanted to remember the qts on a 5sfe) and this struck me..WHO in their freaking world operates (starts) an engine to run drain out more oil more quickly...is looking for a new engine! I think you meant warm up the engine.....
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby noodlerooney » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:42 am

impactX wrote:

"Hmm don't have to replace the bolt, just replace the gasket.

I usually start the car and let it run when almost all the oil came out. Some leftovers will come out."

Somehow I don't think running an engine without oil is such a good idea.

4 cyl: 4 qts w/ filter
6 cyl: 5 qts w/ filter

Or in my case with the oil filter relocated, 5.5 qts.
Relocated oil filter to vertical position under battery.
Can now prefill oil filter, which on initial startup, oil pressure is almost immediate.
Also doesn't drain back after sitting for any length of time. Even with the anti drain back design of the oil filter, I previously noted that I didn't see oil pressure for about 3-4 seconds.
Used Parker 1/2" ID sure-lok hoses with JIC fittings good for 300F and working pressure of 250psi. And since the hoses come near the exhaust manifold(5"), also insulated the hoses with material used to line boilers. You can actually put a torch on one side, while the other side is cool. Stuff can be molded when wet and when dry, stiffens up like a rock. Also very light.
Eventually, I will install a preluber and tie it in to the oil return hose using 1/2" ID JIC tee fittings. Then I will have 25 psi of oil pressure before I even start the engine. This preluber is a pressurized bottle design that will be operating as the engine is running and will compensate for any drop in oil pressure.
2000 SLE Flame Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather Interior, Loaded
15,001 miles, Garage Queen
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby RichD978 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:26 am

everytime i change my oil i wonder about this...

theres a oil plug/bolt replacement on ebay thats magnetic. its like 10 bucks and i think around another 10 bucks for shipping? are those any good? they make it sound like a genius invention. but im not sure, has anyone triedi t?
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby xsolara33x » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:06 am

^^^ yeah, ive thought bout getting that, hehe... anyone know if its ok???
raphael
xsolara33x
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:16 am

i got one, it's does help a bit, everytime I change oil, i can see there is a bit of metals (i mean tiny! don't freak out people) on that magnet tip. But be aware when you take it out and put it back on, because it really attracts to metal/iron.. :)
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RichD978 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:37 am

do you recommend buying it?
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:14 pm

anyone know if the drain plug is the same for 1mzfe and 5sfe? if it is..and if this devise works..i might get it...can we say Group buy??
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby noodlerooney » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:58 am

How about a nice strong magnet on your oil filter? An old computer hard drive magnet is very strong and very directional, causing no electrical or magnetic interference, cheap too! Make sure to keep magnet on the filter when remove filter.
2000 SLE Flame Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather Interior, Loaded
15,001 miles, Garage Queen
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Paladin06Greg » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:42 am

Keep in mind if you have an engine oil cooler you require more then 5.0 Qts of oil..
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:59 am

Jai_Jai_Binks wrote:anyone know if the drain plug is the same for 1mzfe and 5sfe? if it is..and if this devise works..i might get it...can we say Group buy??

ya it's the same

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RichD978 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:14 am

Jai_Jai_Binks wrote:anyone know if the drain plug is the same for 1mzfe and 5sfe? if it is..and if this devise works..i might get it...can we say Group buy??

:o for once, Jai Jai Binks doesn't know the answer?!? :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:13 am

RichD978 wrote:

:o for once, Jai Jai Binks doesn't know the answer?!? :lol:

LOL!
LET ME GO ON RECORD: I don't know it all. Even the pm's/emails i get i come off a cocky or arrogant or mr. know it all dude! sorry guys...I started on this site in 2002, i just have more traction...I'm sure by the time you guys spend equvalent time, you will be 'smarter/wiser' more than me. Rich...i consider myself to be the postwhore 'noobie'!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5