[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - oil change on the 1mz-fe
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

oil change on the 1mz-fe

Postby WJN333 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:03 pm

Strange, on my old car, '68, you had to fill the new filter prior to installation. Which was a B@#$% cause it was mounted sideways right above the drivers side exhaust manifold. Which either meant you were smart and covered the manifold briefly while installing the filter. Or you had a mystery car that emerged out of a blue haze like the headless horseman for a while after an oil change. :lol:
WJN333
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JAYDEE23 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:45 pm

i cant see any reason that a magnetic oil plug could cause any negative issues whatsoever. worst case senerio is metal gets magnatized and sucked back into engine and inturn magnatizes other metal or sticks to something..however the magnetic force would be so slight i very highly doubt either of these two could ever happen

also the help they would bring is minimal at best..if you change your oil as you should you will prbably never even see anything in it

a new car however may be a different story as more metal comes off those engines than a car that has already been broken in..yet to purchase new but still love my 2000 v6!
JAYDEE23
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:05 pm

Pictures please! otherwise average tutorial
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:13 pm

^ the you should be the one take the pic and make this GOOD tutorial..haha
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Good post, but a few ideas on oil changing on 1FMZe

Postby marc780 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:42 pm

- It's easier to do with just a mildy warm engine. This makes removing the filter easier 'cause the exhaust manifold will be cooler when you reach under it for the filter.

- There is no need to jack up the front just to change the oil. I just slide under. Not only does it save work, it's also much safer!

-I remove the plug and start the oil draining first. Then i change the filter while the oil is draining. Faster

-I don't see how you can fill the new filter with oil. On my engine the filter points downward. i just lube the seal and pour a little in.

-It's almost impossible to remove the old filter without dripping a lot of oil onto the ground, and your plastic engine cover plates. So put a medium size plastic bag under the filter before you unscrew it. Also put many sheets of newspaper or an old cookie pan under it too.
; )
marc780
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:50 am

Reply:
1. Flame warning for newer members: Don't reactivate old threads unless absolutely necessary. I sure learned this the hard way.

2. You do have to jack it if you're lowered.

3. It's still recommended to add a bit of oil to the filter just to prevent "starving", even if the filter was pointing at a 45 degree angle.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby lilm » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:16 am

Post subject: Good post, but a few ideas on oil changing on 1FMZe

whats a 1fmze :)

and i changed my oil again today i pity the foo who doesnt change there own oil :evilbat:
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby rec » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:02 am

Yanks0114 wrote:
hsakuragi wrote:clarifacation: 5 qts of oil for 1mfze

The 1MZ was actually designed for 4.5 qts of oil. Its in the manual.

A couple of additions.

Warm the car up for 2 minutes, the oil drains better
Be sure to manually thread the oil pan plug back in and then use the socket, you don't wanna strip that.
Start up your car, let it run for a little, shut off your car and check the oil level

what do you do if you stripped it ?
Mine is black.......
rec
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5