[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - CAI Installation for 1MZ-FE
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

CAI Installation for 1MZ-FE

Postby all_red » Thu May 27, 2004 3:14 pm

Where does the black rubber wheel go?
and How long did it take to install the extension?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Thu May 27, 2004 3:54 pm

all_red wrote:Where does the black rubber wheel go?
and How long did it take to install the extension?

Is that what you're talking about?

It took me around 30 mins because I wasn't sure if I wanted to bend up the metal in the fender. Also, I don't have the plastic in the wheel well.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby all_red » Sat May 29, 2004 1:42 am

Yea that did it, Thanks! But can anyone post some pic's on how the extension lays through the fender? Thanx alot
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Sat May 29, 2004 10:32 am

This one is looking through the headlight and corner opening.

This one is looking through the fender.

I hope that helps. Check my www line for more pics.

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby all_red » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:28 pm

4) Remove (not disconnect) the battery.
5) Un-fasten the fuse box and push it out of the way.

I was trying to put the extension on today, but I don't get these two point. Well, I disconnected the battery since there was no way of removing it without that. But I couldn't get the fuse box off. I saw two scews and undid those, but I couldn't get it off.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:30 am

all_red wrote:
4) Remove (not disconnect) the battery.
5) Un-fasten the fuse box and push it out of the way.

I was trying to put the extension on today, but I don't get these two point. Well, I disconnected the battery since there was no way of removing it without that. But I couldn't get the fuse box off. I saw two scews and undid those, but I couldn't get it off.

There's also like some kind of clips that the box snaps down into. I know there's one on the end facing the back of the car. If you scroll up and look at the pic with the black rubber wheel, there's another one. I believe mine just popped off.
ImageImage
Astro

Postby all_red » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:37 am

I got it done today. I had to bend that metal thing to get it lined up, but it didn't fit on the plastic wheel screw thing. I guess I need to cut that piece of metal out. I'll just leave it like that. Its pretty tight. I didn't really notice a differance with the extension on. Maybe because today its kinda cold (65 compared to 87 all last week).

The jack gave up just right when I placed the tire back on. The jack didn't hold and the rotor hit the inner side of the wheel.I don't see anything broken, but It makes a creaking sound when the wheel rotates. I'll find about that tomorrow.

Thank you JoeB for this DIY and Thank you Astro for your further help!
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:46 am

I had to keep tweaking it to get the screw lined up. What sucks is that it doesn't line up exact. I'm just wondering if it does make a difference or not. I think just a slight bend can change the flow of air coming in.
ImageImage
Astro

Postby all_red » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:54 am

Yea I know any bend will slow down the flow depnding on the angle. But keep in mind at least we are gaining the temprature factor and I think thats more important since the engine is sucking air in anyways.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby gnaw_divad » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:36 pm

hey guys about to start on the install, but unfortunately the pictures are not working anymore, is there a way you could reupload the pictures (astro) that would really help, thanks.
gnaw_divad
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:46 am

gnaw_divad wrote:hey guys about to start on the install, but unfortunately the pictures are not working anymore, is there a way you could reupload the pictures (astro) that would really help, thanks.

Check out the pics I just posted on this thread.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=20861&highlight=
ImageImage
Astro

Postby rossman945 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:32 pm

When you test the intake, can you tell me the effects it had on your car, I have a Injen Intake ordered and its on its way. Tell me if you notice a difference in performance.

Thanks,

Ross
rossman945
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5