[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DIY Independent Fog Lights
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DIY Independent Fog Lights

Postby BLACK V6 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 am

I dont know what the cig lighter wire looks like? :( I can do all of this I just cannot find the cig lighter wire.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :cry: :cry:
BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pythonjosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Pull out the cig lighter and splice it into that. Note, it's NOT the white and black stripe wire, that is a universal ground throughout the whole car.
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BLACK V6 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Thank you for all of your help and your tutorial. By the way, I turn 16 in about a month and I did this by myself... You made it very easy to do and explained everything perfectly... Thanks Here is a picture of what mine looks like... :D
Last edited by BLACK V6 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pythonjosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:34 pm

Wow dude, awesome to hear and see! I'm happy to see my tutorial was good enough to have 8 full pages of success stories.
I just noticed something. This thread has more posts and more views that even the requests thread. I nominate a sticky.
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BLACK V6 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I nominate 4 a sticky too

LOL I made a Animated GIF of my IFL's
BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: DIY Independent Fog Lights

Postby Diamondse4 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 pm

This is a really sweet mod, I understand that the fog lights operate completely independent of the other lights (parking, and headlight) I was wondering if there is a way to wire the fog lights to be independent but so that they will still automatically cut off when High Beams are used, (girlfriend drives my car and we don't need to be getting any tickets for having fog lights and high beams on)?

If there is that would rock, if not no big deal
Diamondse4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5