[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Overheat protection
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Overheat protection

Overheat protection

Postby tolik1980 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 am

Is there any overheat protection on Gen2.5 Solara ? Yesterday i found that 1.5 litres of oil disapeared from my engine after 4500 miles of driving. After examination no visible leaks of oil were found. The service guy told me that i could overheated the engine and that is the reason why it consumes the oil.
Usually im not lookin on temparature gauge on the front panel. So if i really overheated the engine could i noticed this any other way ?
tolik1980
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 am

are you running conventional oil or synthetic ?
tolik ti ruski ??
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Do you do your own oil changes? If no and your lara isn't burning hella oil, it might not have been filled completely during your last change.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tolik1980 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Synthetic. (net no ruskii moi rodnoi yazik)

2Gznutz: My engine is only 25000 is there any chance that it is burning oil already? I never made an oil change by myself. Service guy did it.
tolik1980
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:16 pm

With only 25000 mi it is more likely that the person who filled the oil the first time shorted you. 1.5L is a lot. Just check your oil level often until your next oil change.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5