[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Good Times to Buy? - GPS Fees?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Good Times to Buy? - GPS Fees?

Good Times to Buy? - GPS Fees?

Postby UnderDog2 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:53 pm

Was wondering if you guys have any idea if one month (or more generally) time of year is better then another to buy a car?

For instance, I have heard before that it is better at "off peak" times in your region, for instance the midwest (Chicago area) where I live would be best to buy in winter, late fall?

I am looking to buy the 2004 Solara in the next few months and would like to get the best deal on what is probably a pretty in demand car so looking for any way to do this...

===============

Totally unrelated (and probably stupid question) for the 2004 Solara GPS-Navigation system if you get this option there are no subscription, other fees to maintain it, update it, whatever? Just wanted to make sure.
UnderDog2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kubi » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:23 pm

The best way would be to wait until the 2005s come out ;) Other than that I doubt there will be much change in the price.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:58 am

The price has been very good from day 1. Dealers are dealing so put in your best offers. Many here have gotten way below sticker prices. I don't think it's that high in demand because I see none on the road.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby got sport » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:41 am

If you want to buy, buy one near the end of a month. That's when the salesmen have to reach their quotas, so their bargaining range is greater.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

kbb.com

Postby glenb » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:39 am

If you want the car go to kbb.com, spec what you want and deal around the invoice price. Deals can be made.

Then have fun, enjoy the car.
2004 SLE V6
Desert Sand Mica/Ivory
glenb
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Thanks guys...

Postby UnderDog2 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:09 pm

Thanks again guys for your help, much appreciated, I'm trying to learn and use as much as I can to get a decent price when I finally have to go in and deal with the salesman.
UnderDog2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TW85 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:29 pm

There are no "access fees" to use the GPS system. Updates will come out once in a while but I cannot think of a manufacturer that does not charge for them.
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:59 am

From personal exp. i bough my 2001 solara in feb 2002, the pricing was let's say...cheaper than the corolla S that i was looking to buy! (hence i've got the solara)...
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5