[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SLE V6 w/ Navigation
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

SLE V6 w/ Navigation

SLE V6 w/ Navigation

Postby cosmicstarr » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:19 pm

Hi all.

I just bought a Cosmic Blue SLE V-6 w/ Navigation and really like it. One thing I really miss from my old car is the 6-CD changer. The single disc changer in this car is a pain. Does anyone know if you can add a 6-disc changer to the Navi head unit?

The Navi seems similar to the ES330 and that car has the CD changer in the armrest.

Thanks.
cosmicstarr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JadedEMOlush » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:45 pm

cosmic... i think you sent me an email. I shot of emails to blitzsafe and soundgate expressing intrest again. As of right now there is no Toyota option for a 6 disc player or Sirius, however it is the same exact unit as the Nav unit in the lexus ES 330, although its odd, the LEXUS website does not mention that the UNIT is XM ready... although that could just be contract issues with XM and Sirius.

Someone needs to test drive an ES 330 and report back on sound quality, and the type of connection going to the 6 disk changer. More than likely it will be swappable with the toyota unit, even if they say it won't work.

More importantly, WE need to get that XM port turned into an AUX port for 3 reasons.

- Hooking up XM for $130.00 instead of $800.00
- Having the choice to choose Sirius for $99.00 instead of not having the option
- Being able to hook up devices like an ipod, or a 6 disc changer.

Send your emails to toyota... and the third party companies like PIE, blitzsafe, and Soundgate. Remember they are working with limited info that Toyota has provided them. Please be friendly... these companies work really hard to get solutions for us.... however the more intrest we show... the harder they work because there is a bigger need, which = more $$$
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cosmicstarr » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:22 pm

Thanks Jaded for the reply.

That's too bad that Toyota doesn't offer a 6-disc changer at this time. I wonder if the ES330 changer would work.

I'll make sure to e-mail all those companies expressing interest.
cosmicstarr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cosmicstarr » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:22 pm

That's too bad that Toyota doesn't offer a 6-disc changer at this time. I wonder if the ES330 changer would work.

cosmicstarr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

6-CD Changer

Postby cosmicstarr » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:26 pm

cosmicstarr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:06 pm

I heard from my dealer months ago that two different 6 CD changers were going to be offered. One that uses an FM transmitter, the other connects directly to the receiver. I have no clue when or if they will be available.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5