[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Getting rid of the Solara...
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Getting rid of the Solara...

Getting rid of the Solara...

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 pm

So, I was supposed to be GETTING this car (like legally, in my name) for christmas.... now im losing it forever. I didnt even do anything, its just being taken from me and sold.

Its going up on craigslist tomorrow morning, and im in search of a new car. :cry:

So, I know you guys all have good taste, considering you all (well almost all of you guys) drive the same car i fell in love with back in summer 2006 right before i got my permit, picked it out myself.

As my grandpa used to say, enjoy everything you have, cause it wont always be there. and i've definitely enjoyed the Solara, so i guess its time to move on... :(

Im moving up to Denver anyways, so i want 4x4 for all the trails and snow there, so suggestions are appreciated as to what to get, plus my girlfriend hates small cars, and can barely deal with the Solara... luckily its not really a small car.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kenny6683 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:52 pm

from Florida to Denver...so then u should go from Toyota to Honda...lol sorry for your loss
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:55 pm

kenny6683 wrote:from Florida to Denver...so then u should go from Toyota to Honda...lol sorry for your loss

When i lived in Denver we actually had an Acura haha (im sure you all know Honda owns Acura)
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 pm

It's being taken from you becuase you're moving to Denver?....

Sorry that you have to give it up like that. It sucks. Good luck with the new car search though.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Sorry to hear that the nice Solara of yours is gone, wow you done so much with it.

For the new 4x4, what is your budget limit?

There is that Ford SVT raptor, Ford is making it specifically for off-road driving.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:08 pm

no, it has nothing to do with Denver... its literally being taken away for no reason at all... he just texted me all mad saying to come home so he can take everything out of it to sell it tomorrow morning. and last night he mentioned i need to get used to not having it.

I literally didn't do anything at all, my grades are almost perfect (straight A's with exception of one B in a college level class), and me and my dad get along just fine, rarely ever have issues. hes just deciding to take it from me :(
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:12 pm

im really trying to keep the cost as low as possible, like 25 thousand... right now im leaning towards a used Jeep Wrangler 4 door
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:28 pm

The 2008 model is within your budget, even with the 4 door.

The sahara may just be a bit above your budget but there is a lower model, the unlimited X 4x4 4dr. It is just as good.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 pm

sucks man, there has to be some reason why your pops is taking it from you, i know if i was your age and my dad decided to take my solara id rather run away and live in my car lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:14 am

^^^ ya its possible, my dad would kill me though eventually haha.

But im telling you, theres no reason at all, i asked to go somewhere this morning and then he said "you always do this everytime you take out the car, take the car home now so i can take out the subwoofers to sell it in the morning"
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 am

So hes selling the car eh?

Why not you be the buyer haha.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Getting rid of the Solara...

Postby JMSinMaryland » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:plus my girlfriend hates small cars, and can barely deal with the Solara... luckily its not really a small car.

Sounds like you need a thinner g/f :wink:

You get a red light ticket or speed ticket?
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kenny6683 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:42 am

DriDed wrote:So hes selling the car eh?

Why not you be the buyer haha.

X2 lol never thought about that
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Getting rid of the Solara...

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am

JMSinMaryland wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:plus my girlfriend hates small cars, and can barely deal with the Solara... luckily its not really a small car.

Sounds like you need a thinner g/f :wink:

You get a red light ticket or speed ticket?

^^^lol She must want a Hummer. Because the Solara is huge inside for a coupe. My girl is 5'9 and I'm 6'2 and we both think the 'Lara is super spacious.

But at 25K? that's a great budget to work with.

I never recommend American vehicles, but GMC brands are top of the line when it comes to space, size, and well built trucks. Their passenger cars.....not so much.

You could get a 4Runner or a Pilot for that price too. But the 4Runner is real tight inside. Pilot is more spacious. just not a fan of the styling.
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby drewcrane » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:01 am

i live in denver and you should get another solara, they work great here, or the most popular 4x4 here is a phord that what i have for really deep snow :D
"its a vanishing point thing you wont understand"
drewcrane
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5