[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone else see more Gen2's on the road lately?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Anyone else see more Gen2's on the road lately?

Postby cklinh » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:15 pm

This past weekend out here in the Bay Area, I saw TWO of the more rare colored Solaras for the first time. I was driving on 580, once going east by Hayward and saw an Oceanus Pearl (a newer Civic kept trying to ride up on my butt, so I didn't get a good look). Then going west by Castro Valley, I saw a Desert Sand Mica...

I've gotta say, the pictures don't do the Oceanus Pearl justice... I would have had a hard time deciding between the Oceanus Pearl and the Cosmic Blue Metallic had the dealership had one in stock...

I figured the Cosmic Blue might be one of the rarer colors (not as popular as red, white, silver and black)... but I've been seeing them around. I've even parked right next to two separate ones (once in Serramonte, once in Dublin).

PS Has anyone else noticed how many freakin' Cosmic Blue Matrices there are?
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby dvdchris45 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:20 pm

Here in the valley I see a lot of chicks driving the 04 SLE 4cylinders. I havent seen any other Solara with Mike's grilles simply because these gals wouldnt know anything about the forum. Hey junest, did your convertible have only the lower grille at one time? If so, then thats the only 04 i've seen with the mike's grilles.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby junest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:44 pm

dvdchris45 wrote:Here in the valley I see a lot of chicks driving the 04 SLE 4cylinders. I havent seen any other Solara with Mike's grilles simply because these gals wouldnt know anything about the forum. Hey junest, did your convertible have only the lower grille at one time? If so, then thats the only 04 i've seen with the mike's grilles.

Yep, at one time I did only have the lower grille. Why, did you see my ride rollin' down the street? You probably live down the street from me.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby dvdchris45 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:19 pm

I saw Posh's soalra in the convention center parking garage. Hey posh, that was a legit parking spot right? lol. I remember it had the grilles on it. I forgot to mention it. MY BAD.

June... yeah I think I saw it on Magnolia heading to Ralphs. I dunno if you travel that way though, its just what I remember
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby junest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:29 pm

Yep ^^^ I travel that neighborhood often. I go to that Ralphs on a weekly basis. But, I've never seen your ride and Valley Glen is about 2 blocks away.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby dvdchris45 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:36 pm

I always travel west and rarely do the shopping myself. I do sometimes fill at that 76 when I dont go to Mobil. Wait..or is it that a Shell....Shows you often I go there, cant even remember the gas station's name!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Astro » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:46 pm

dvdchris45 wrote:I always travel west and rarely do the shopping myself. I do sometimes fill at that 76 when I dont go to Mobil. Wait..or is it that a Shell....Shows you often I go there, cant even remember the gas station's name!

That's 76, I always go there. There was a Shell where Walgreen's is at now. I don't think I've seen you either, but I'll be on the lookout 8)
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5