[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone else see more Gen2's on the road lately?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Anyone else see more Gen2's on the road lately?

Postby Jaimster » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:00 pm

Shoe wrote:
Solara1.5 wrote:I see Gen2's all the time with old ladies driving them. :fadein:

funny you say that cause i find alot of punks without manner in gen 1s.

they think hey got a hot car but its just used

shoe

True, all Gen1's are Punks! Like Milton...ha ha ha.
It's the Gen1.5 that are cool! :lol:
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby invdrgir » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:05 pm

i also have seen a couple more gen 2s out on the road as well over the past month. hahaha but as for the drivers i have yet to ever catch a good look but i'll try making a mental note.. the ones i have seen seemed to be mid 20s to mid 30s though
invdrgir
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mtodde » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:06 pm

atlred wrote:Yeah I see the hottest 04 in the ATL area everyday!!! OOOOPPPPPSSSSS its mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :wink: :) :-? :D

LMAO...guess my compliments went to your head. I like my lunar mist; washed it again tonight and used NXT booster wax. It might look good by the 25th!

I'm starting to see more Gen 2's as well; I live & work in the Perimeter Mall area of Atlanta. The nice thing is that I've seen quite a mix of people driving them. I really believe the V6 SLE is one of the best values in a car today.
2004 Solara V6 SLE
Lunar Mist Metallic
2 time Solara owner (1999 SE V6 MT)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/648891
mtodde
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby fotodad » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:27 pm

atlred wrote:Yeah I see the hottest 04 in the ATL area everyday!!! OOOOPPPPPSSSSS its mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :wink: :) :-? :D

I see in your signature you own a black 04 Solara. I visited your cardomain site. Nice! I still haven't seen a black 04 Solara in person. If it wouldn't have been for swirls in the paint I would have gotten black, too.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TW85 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:52 pm

I've seen quite a few lately. I think all but two have been SE 4 cyl. models.

The Generation 2 seems to attract younger buyers. I mostly see 40+ year olds driving the first generation. Most of the 2nd generation drivers have been under 40.
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jewls » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:34 am

There is another chic here at work who has the cosmic blue, and I have had three guys ask me about it because they now want one, but I hardly ever see a Gen 2 out on the road. Kinda wierd, considering all of the dealers here only have about 1-2 left.
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:56 am

TW85 wrote:I've seen quite a few lately. I think all but two have been SE 4 cyl. models.

The Generation 2 seems to attract younger buyers. I mostly see 40+ year olds driving the first generation. Most of the 2nd generation drivers have been under 40.

I have to tell you...I've seen quite a bit of oldies (I'm talking bout 60+) drivin the Gen 2s here in KY. There are a few that are college age, but I think the older peeps are diggin' the style and a nice smooth ride. It doesn't matter who owns one to me, they all checkin out my ride either way...

Plus, this will up the solara sales.

-Happy driver....
:lol: -Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby TW85 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:18 am

I am happy that the Solara, overall, attracts older buyers. I do not want to be driving a car like the Accord or Civic that attracts a fair share of teenage and early 20s morons (read: 2' spoilers on a FWD car, coffee can exhaust tips, euro-lights, etc.).
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby technole » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:57 am

mtodde wrote:

I really believe the V6 SLE is one of the best values in a car today.

I concur with that. You get a lot more car for a decent price.
2004 Solara V6 SLE w/XM Satellite Radio
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

quick question~

Postby boaclub923 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:11 pm

one quick question, where can i get solaraguy.com decale?
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby VirtualSlayer » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:30 pm

I see like 1-3 every 1-2 weeks... yet toyota would not give me a good price on the solaras lol... hence why I got an accord coupe :roll: * around 1k under invoice *
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby technole » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:54 pm

VirtualSlayer wrote:I see like 1-3 every 1-2 weeks... yet toyota would not give me a good price on the solaras lol... hence why I got an accord coupe :roll: * around 1k under invoice *

how do you like that little backseat room?

how do you like blending in with the crowd?

:D
2004 Solara V6 SLE w/XM Satellite Radio
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5