[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - does this happen to you
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

does this happen to you

does this happen to you

Postby gogeta » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:57 am

does ne 1 else constantly have high beams flashed in their eyes becuz stupid people don't realize how bright new car headlights r....it happens to me everytime i drive at night.... :evil:
arctic frost pearl/gray 04 se
trd exhaust/air filter
mb quart 2 way 6x9s front
eclipse 4-way 6x9s rear
kicker kx 600.1/kicker l7 dual 2ohm
alpine head unit itching to be put in...
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: does this happen to you

Postby DocJohn » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:26 am

gogeta wrote:does ne 1 else constantly have high beams flashed in their eyes becuz stupid people don't realize how bright new car headlights r....it happens to me everytime i drive at night.... :evil:

It is possible that folks are just not used to bright new projector headlights, or maybe they just like your car. It is also possible your headlights are not aimed properly. Ask the dealer service dept. to check them out for you next time you're in for service.
<B>2004 Solara SLE V6 with mods (sold 10/10/06)
DocJohn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shoe » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:28 am

This topic has been discused already here

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopi ... ed+brights

I used teh search function to find it.

May I sugest you actually title your post so it dosent have everyone guessing whats inside?

does this happen to you? could be anything from being flashed the brights to being flashed by pretty girls i didnt know what your question was till I opened up the post

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby online » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:19 am

I agree, make sure the headlights are properly aligned. My low beams are focused just above my hood line which hits on coming vehicles just below the driver's line of sight (set by the factory). I'm amazed how focused the beam is versus many vehicles whose headlights have a flood effect. I'm also very impressed by the intensity of the high beams. On poorly lit suburdan roads when I come up on reflective signs it is almost blinding
2005 SLE Convertible
Absolute Red - Black Top
Nav System
K & N Filter
Mud guards
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Ummmm...

Postby mmcdonald » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:28 am

You guys, its not the low beams, which don't even project high enough to hit a side view mirror. It is the fog lights. Turn them off unless you experience some bad weather. I ALWAYS get brights when I have the fog lights on, but NEVER with the low beams only.

Your low beams may blind some on the crest of a hill, but unless they are mis-aimed, they should be fine.
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TW85 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:08 am

The fog lights are aimed too low to be blinding other drivers. Hilton Head is extremely flat and I am regularly flashed with and without the fog lights being turned on.
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mtodde » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:23 am

I run into that too...I just flash the brights at them to let them know they were WRONG! Its funny because a lot of the people that flash have Xenon lights with driving lights on.
2004 Solara V6 SLE
Lunar Mist Metallic
2 time Solara owner (1999 SE V6 MT)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/648891
mtodde
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Well...

Postby mmcdonald » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:07 am

Blinding or not, that is why they flash their headlights at me, only when I have those lights on in clear weather.
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5