[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - bIG BIG problem with my gen 2 !!!!!!!!!!!
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

bIG BIG problem with my gen 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

bIG BIG problem with my gen 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sorkang724 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:11 pm

hi, i've install the RSB and the TRD springs on my car awhile back......i'm having problems with one of the item and i've no idea which it is....... the back of my car make this weird squeaky noise when i go up and down on my driveway or whenever I'm on a not properly paved road.....is a very loud sound and it is annoyed the crap out of me.....do you guys think is the springs or the RSB ???.....i've rubber tubings on all 4 of my springs..so i really doubt that is the spring myself....i've my RSB on the most aggressive mode. plz post your comments if you have the problem or give me some inputs so i can fix it. thank you
sorkang724
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: bIG BIG problem with my gen 2 !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby indiglosolara » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:54 pm

sorkang724 wrote:hi, i've install the RSB and the TRD springs on my car awhile back......i'm having problems with one of the item and i've no idea which it is....... the back of my car make this weird squeaky noise when i go up and down on my driveway or whenever I'm on a not properly paved road.....is a very loud sound and it is annoyed the crap out of me.....do you guys think is the springs or the RSB ???.....i've rubber tubings on all 4 of my springs..so i really doubt that is the spring myself....i've my RSB on the most aggressive mode. plz post your comments if you have the problem or give me some inputs so i can fix it. thank you

sounds like your RSB bushings not properly lubed. I would get some white marine grease and lube the bushings and you should be ok. I had a similar problem with my gen 1.5 RSB, the bushings were not lubs and made the same noise your explaining.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Mole » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:15 pm

i would use mobil 1 synthetic grease.

did it to my rear sway bar and it has not squeaked for a long long time.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby sorkang724 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:42 pm

where do i lube on the RSB and where can i get teh lubricants you guys mention on your post ?
sorkang724
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indiglosolara » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:50 pm

sorkang724 wrote:where do i lube on the RSB and where can i get teh lubricants you guys mention on your post ?

you can try autozone. grease the bushings..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Grease em up

Postby mmcdonald » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:24 am

The bushings, as you will recall, have slots running lengthwise on their inner diameter. This is where the grease should have gone. You will need an applicator that can get in that tiny space. Better still, remove the bar and lube them up and reinstall them.

I get a minor farting from mine, even with all of the grease that came with. I will have to take Mole's suggestion if it keeps up.
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GreenSolara01 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Search FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!

Same prob. squeaky rear springs I thought. I will grease up the RSB and see if that helps me too.
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 am

Teflon tape FTMFW!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GreenSolara01 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Well I greased it up and it solved 95% but the RR bushing was more worn then the rl one. the groves that hold the grease were rubbed smoth in spots. These are not ES bushings, they came w/ TRD rsb. dose any one know the comp ES bushings, pref greasable.
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 pm

GzNutz wrote:Teflon tape FTMFW!

x2
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer