[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - thought you might find this revealing...
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

thought you might find this revealing...

thought you might find this revealing...

Postby cablemn » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:30 pm

This correspondence from corporate Toyota really tells alot about the company we bought our cars from. I think they really had an answer for the last sentence of my letter to them. Talk about a runaround. I think this will be my last Toyota, they remind me of sony. Great product, very poor customer support. Check this out...MY LETTER---->
Customer (Richard DeSio) 03/05/2005 07:37 PM
Hi,
I have tried to buy replacement parts for my body kit and have been unsuccessful. I have tried 2 toyota dealers and actually ordered an installation kit but after i paid for it i was told that the part number had been discontinued. I found that hard to understand considering my car and the parts are only a year old. I'm contacting you in the hopes of getting to the bottom of this mystery.
The part number is PT228-06043 GFX INSTALL KIT. Which the contents should include retaining clips neccessary for the installation of the ground effects body kit for a 2004-5 toyota solara. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first toyota and so far i'm getting the feeling that the brand is no different than the other automakers whos cars ive owned. I'm hoping that toyota treats their customers as if they care about what happens AFTER the purchase.
Thank You,

THEIR RESPONSE----->

Recently you contacted Toyota. Below is a summary of your contact message and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

Subject
2004 solara sport body kit

Discussion Thread
Response (Eli) 03/07/2005 01:02 PM
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry.

We are sorry you were unable to locate the body kit for your vehicle. Genuine Toyota Parts are only sold through the Parts Departments of Toyota dealerships. Please contact your local Toyota dealership for further assistance.

Thank you again for your interest.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200503071056. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience

How do you like that? This really is an experience.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:57 pm

You will keep getting the run around...stick with forums...they are my best bet for parts and availability!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby TS04 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:13 pm

Jai wrote:You will keep getting the run around...stick with forums...they are my best bet for parts and availability!

If they are going to give this BS to us, we gotta take it into our own hands........... Offer a proposal to a bodykit company. If there was/is a lot of demand for the gen 1 kits, we should make another company realize what they are missing out on.
04 Solara SE Sport Coupe Black
35% Tint Sides, 20% Back
Clear Corners
Blue Illuminated Entry
Mike T' Black Combo Grills
TS04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Parke10 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:01 pm

the normal for all car companys is after 7 years
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boaclub923 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:12 am

i dont' think it's discontinue. the kits is backorder at everywhere, so they give u a BS excuse and make u give up.

i talked to a guy at auto-bodyshop and ask if he get me body kit.
the guy told me they are trying to get the body kit for repairing other SE models.
they are unable to get it. and the price they got was like $1,800 for two little front lips.
i told him it's non-sense. but he said that's usually what happen when national backorder.
he said this backorder happens alot for all new cars except honda.
because honda has too many OEM and aftermarket making the parts for honda.
however, because of this, OEM and aftermarket parts for honda usually crappy.
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5