[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - i'm back...
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

i'm back...

i'm back...

Postby jesse789 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:56 pm

well i've been gone for a long while but with good reason. my solara got wrecked the at the begining of january. Got hit in the rear passanger wheel and total cost was over $8000. got it back and it drove better then ever... had them clean my trd filter since when they put it in they tightened it so hard i couldnt get it open at home (wiring for audio is mounted right above the front screw/bolt).
ANYWHO... the day after i got it back (fri night) about 3 miles down the road my tire light went on, just said "gee this mess again..." and just kept going. then another 2 miles my engine check light goes on and i have my pops switch cars with me and he took it to the dealer. they had it for 5-6 days, they reset tire pressure and changed the cpu in the car. i get it back on a friday again and driving to work once again, egine light goes on "g'damn it!"... so car goes into the dealler again and they change the charcoal filter and maybe the housing. had them fix some other small things while it was no money outta my pocket... drivers side door armrest vinyl had some peeling spots on it, passenger head rest was uneven in the back, and lil piece of foam sticking up in the passenger side rear window from under hte plastics(everythings under warenty, and if its not its getting charge to the dealer anyways)
So i got it back again this past monday i believe and on thursday i was going to change the woofer box i have in my trunk (to one thats like half the size but same subs) and i try popping the hood to disconnect my battery and turns out i cant... they forgot to reconnect the hood release cable since they were in that area! and i notices while they were playing with my dash/consel/front deck (whatever you wanna call it) they put some marks or sratches into my A-pilar!
still love my solara... such a rush driving it after driving a 2.4 I4 camry for 2 months. but so pissed at all the issues. been trying to get ahold of "my guy" at my service depot since the one i usually talk to blew me off to another guy "who has been the one actually seeing my car thru the process". just wish i could just say F-U gimme a new one but oh well.

i'll post some pics later of my smashed sol.
silver 2004 Solara SE V6 Sport
custom 2 tone leather seats
max legal tint driver/pass windows, 10% more everywhere else
infiniti 6x9s and pair of alpine 12s on a mtx amp
metal floor mats
billet undergrille
jesse789
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5