[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Interesting Note, SE Sport models use TRD struts...
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Interesting Note, SE Sport models use TRD struts...

Interesting Note, SE Sport models use TRD struts...

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:18 pm

Some of you all probably already know this, and I apologize if there's already been a thread about this (I searched and couldn't find anything). I just had my passenger front strut replaced, and they called me up at work and left a message requesting my "TRD paperwork" with receipts for parts and installation so they could cover the strut under warranty... I figured they were confused (I have TRD springs) so I called back and spoke to someone else, telling them that TRD does not make struts for the Gen 2 Solara at this time, I only have the TRD springs, so they shouldn't need any paperwork to replace the strut... So they call me back a little while later, telling me that there will be a delay in my repair because they received the wrong part... After all confusion was finally cleared.. it turns out that they had the correct part... but the factory struts for the SE Sport come straight from TRD (the box has TRD all over it, and supposedly the strut is badged with TRD directly on it but I didn't see that cuz it's installed). I was already well aware that the SE Sport models had "sport tuned" struts and tighter springs, but I was unaware that the parts are actually TRD... Just an interesting fact that I thought some of you would enjoy knowing.

-James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:52 pm

Ah, well that's what the dude said (heh, it was prolly a sticker or something on it then)... I saw the box the strut came in first hand though, when I get my car back tomorrow I'll ask if they still have it laying around so I can snatch it and photo it...
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Interesting Note, SE Sport models use TRD struts...

Postby ChadnMS » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Your post saved me a big headache! I know its old, but it helped. Thanks!

2007 Sport. 17x7+40mm, 225x50R17, TRD springs, 5-speed manual.
ChadnMS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5