[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 06 solara cup holder
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

06 solara cup holder

06 solara cup holder

Postby madtipper » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:39 pm

does anyone know if you can remove the front cup holder I spill my coffee ans now it all sticky I want to clean them
madtipper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 06 solara cup holder

Postby MCOjerry » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:48 pm

madtipper wrote:does anyone know if you can remove the front cup holder I spill my coffee ans now it all sticky I want to clean them

Dont know what year you have, but I have an '06, and they are in there to stay.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby prcurtis » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:55 pm

On my 06 SLE convertible, there are four screws attaching the cup holder to the underside of the center console. If you unscrew the gear shift, open the flip up door under the seat heater switches and the door to the large storage box under the center armrest, you can pull up firmly on the plastic part that contains the cup holder at the storage box end and the whole piece will come up.
06 SLE V6 Conv
prcurtis
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MCOjerry » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:56 pm

prcurtis wrote:On my 06 SLE convertible, there are four screws attaching the cup holder to the underside of the center console. If you unscrew the gear shift, open the flip up door under the seat heater switches and the door to the large storage box under the center armrest, you can pull up firmly on the plastic part that contains the cup holder at the storage box end and the whole piece will come up.

To me, that means they're in there to stay! LOL :lol:
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Somedude » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:14 pm

madtipper wrote:does anyone know if you can remove the front cup holder I spill my coffee ans now it all sticky I want to clean them

take a wet cotton towel and wipe the cup holder till it isn't sticky. then use the dry part of the towel to dry the cup holder. You don't need to take the whole thing out.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power". -Abraham Lincoln
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

The cupholder pops right out and you can stick it in the dishwasher if you want.
Just grip the insides of it and pull up. I can't imagine they added screws between the '04 and '06.
(don't worry about the other parts I have off here. That was for installing the AUX2Car unit.)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby dominoSLEV6 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:42 pm

MCOjerry wrote:
prcurtis wrote:On my 06 SLE convertible, there are four screws attaching the cup holder to the underside of the center console. If you unscrew the gear shift, open the flip up door under the seat heater switches and the door to the large storage box under the center armrest, you can pull up firmly on the plastic part that contains the cup holder at the storage box end and the whole piece will come up.

To me, that means they're in there to stay! LOL :lol:

Ditto. :D

-chris
It will run one day, RPMs EVERYWHERE!
dominoSLEV6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby prcurtis » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:11 pm

I noticed the screws when I pulled the center panel up and thought they kept the cup holder in since I had trouble pulling up directly on the cup holder. My bad.
06 SLE V6 Conv
prcurtis
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:54 pm

HolyfrickenCRAP! Why would you want to take the whole thing out? It's seamless all inside, just clean it out with paper towels and cleaner!

That's just plain crazy IMO... but we know exactly what THAT'S worth! :lol:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby MCOjerry » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:00 pm

calm down now PXL :lol:
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby brandolarsen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the part that separates the two drinks in the upholder? Mine has broken off over the years. I have a 2004 Solara

THANKS!
brandolarsen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5