[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Electronic Data Recorder (Black Box)
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Electronic Data Recorder (Black Box)

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:09 pm

Well I gotta say I agree totally with Jerry on this one (imagine that!) :D

...but for now, I guess since there's nothing I can do about having it in my car, I can also rest assured that the data recorded will show that I tried to accelerate when pulling out in traffic and get rear-ended because of the lag issue they are ignoring!! ;)

Sad to say, more and more of this country's policies and actions are leaning towards Big Brother syndrome. Won't be long before the thought police will be after us... hope I'm dead by then. :-?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby MCOjerry » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:16 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Well I gotta say I agree totally with Jerry on this one (imagine that!) :D

...but for now, I guess since there's nothing I can do about having it in my car, I can also rest assured that the data recorded will show that I tried to accelerate when pulling out in traffic and get rear-ended because of the lag issue they are ignoring!! ;)

Sad to say, more and more of this country's policies and actions are leaning towards Big Brother syndrome. Won't be long before the thought police will be after us... hope I'm dead by then. :-?

Picture me sticking my tongue out at you :lol:
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Electronic Data Recorder (Black Box)

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Just read a study that included 2nd gen Solara ERD. Anybody heard of a Solara owner accessing ERD to see what's on there?
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Electronic Data Recorder (Black Box)

Postby Black Bob » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:55 am

This topic is really held close to the chest by Toyota and insurance companies, I couldn't even get anyone to tell me how much data does it store. Does it hold data right before an accident/access or does it store info even further back than that? The info has gotta be out there on some 'black hat' site, but if anything on hacking a "black box" does come out openly then hits on that website would be astronomical.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest
Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5