[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - what's your mpg so far?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

what's your mpg so far?

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:27 pm

My past few tanks have been around 18-19mpg... but I drive it like I stole it most of the time ;)

Still better than my Tundra was so I'm cool! :D
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby kwyse » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:20 pm

I usually get around 18-19 with the V6.

I try to slow it down to save gas, but if I floor it a lot I only get about 10 fewer miles to the tank.
kwyse
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ItsaToyota » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:46 pm

According to the display, I'm averaging 24 mpg w/ mostly city and some freeway driving. So it's probably actually closer to 21-22. I drove it hard yesterday because I was late for school and it's 45 miles away!

My question is, how much fuel do I have left after the computer range reads '0' and the fuel light is on? My Accord had approx. 4 gallons of reserve fuel left after the guage read empty and the light was on... but the Accord didn't have a computer to tell me the fuel range, mpg average, etc.

(btw WXman, thats a beautiful convt.!! Are the chrome rims available from Toyota?
2007 Toyota Solara SLE-V6
Blizzard pearl
3.3 VVT-i V6
Less than 1,xxx miles

Question I get asked the most:
"Wow, this a nice car. Does the Solara come in a 4-door?"
ItsaToyota
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

What Engine?

Postby HomeboyMI » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:38 pm

I like reading about the mpg that you folks are getting. Some of you are not stating which engine you have L4 or V6. Please let us know. Also how much AC do you use?
HomeboyMI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ItsaToyota » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:27 pm

My vehicle specs are in my signature. As for AC, I use it 95% of the time. Now that the weather has cooled off here in Orlando, I can cruise w/ the windows down and sunroof open a bit more.
2007 Toyota Solara SLE-V6
Blizzard pearl
3.3 VVT-i V6
Less than 1,xxx miles

Question I get asked the most:
"Wow, this a nice car. Does the Solara come in a 4-door?"
ItsaToyota
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby WXman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:19 am

ItsaToyota wrote:According to the display, I'm averaging 24 mpg w/ mostly city and some freeway driving. So it's probably actually closer to 21-22. I drove it hard yesterday because I was late for school and it's 45 miles away!

My question is, how much fuel do I have left after the computer range reads '0' and the fuel light is on? My Accord had approx. 4 gallons of reserve fuel left after the guage read empty and the light was on... but the Accord didn't have a computer to tell me the fuel range, mpg average, etc.

(btw WXman, thats a beautiful convt.!! Are the chrome rims available from Toyota?

Thanks! The chrome wheels were already on when I bought it. Looks to me like the original owner had the stock wheels chromed somewhere. Not sure where, but they came out real nice.
2005 SLE Convertible Nav/TRAC/VSC/Chrome Wheels. Absolutely Red
WXman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: what's your mpg so far?

Postby SoLarry » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm

On a recent trip which was mostly highway miles I got over 38 with my 2.4....I was doing 60 in the slow lane with cruise on the entire time.
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5