[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD parts for gen 2
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

TRD parts for gen 2

Postby DriDed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:54 pm

ATXguy wrote:On a 07 Sport Convertible - how much difference do the various TRD suspension parts make over the standard sports suspension?

* Struts - car has the 'sports struts' I have read that these are decent with the lowering springs. Are aftermarket struts vastly better for the for ~$400 cost than the standard 'sport' ones?
* RSB - the sport has a rear sway bar (if I am not mistaken), is the TRD a vast improvement (for ~$200)?
* FSTB - again, the sport has a dinky one installed - is the TRD vastly better(for ~$200)?

The ride isn't bad with the standard sports equipment - pretty firm (imo).

I would like to reduce the cowl shutter as much as it is possible.

Comments?

Since your Solara already has the sport struts, I would just get the TRD lowering springs and call it a day. The sport struts are actually made by the company Bilstein.

For a mod that is less than $200, the TRD rear sway bar has the best bang of the buck out of all mods that are available for your Solara. The improvement on handling is huge, less body roll and less understeer. The TRD rear sway bar has 3 settings, go straight for the innermost hole when you do the install for the best handling improvement.

Unless you are driving a convertible, the TRD front strut tower bar is really just a engine decoration. Yes the TRD fstb is more solid than the oem fstb, but in a coupe, the handling gains are minimal.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5