[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - front bearing
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

front bearing

front bearing

Postby njsolara » Wed May 09, 2007 12:19 am

I'm starting to get a bearing growl on the Solara. It heads into the shop this Saturday. Not a good sign, as it's an 06 and only has 41k on the clock. I hope its covered under warranty...Anyone else have this?
njsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Tue May 29, 2007 4:02 pm

What exactly is the bearing growl? Front or rear bearings? Anyway, I'm curious as to what it is since mine is at 35k and don't want any more problems to deal at the dealer after the warranty is gone... they have been suficiently negligent up until now to give them the pleasure of fixing it after warranty period is done for.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby njsolara » Tue May 29, 2007 9:43 pm

It turned out to be the front right wheel bearing as suspected. Unfortunately, they found a faulty horn sensor while doing a state inspection also. I don't think I ever used the horn, so I don't know if it left the factory defected or it happened after. Both items were covered under my extended warranty (the repair would have cost me over $600 if I didn't have the extended warranty), but this is now the third flaw, so I'm beginning to lose faith in the "toyota quality" slogan. I bought this car with the intention of running it over 200k miles, but i'm starting to wonder if I should trade it in for an Accord or a Mustang. I don't beat on the car and 95% of the miles have been highway (steady 65-75 mph). I've owned two Mustangs and a Prelude in the past and did not encounter this many problems with any of them. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
njsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:42 pm

A dealership around these parts was honest enough to mention unfortunately our Solaras and the Camry are the fastest depreciating vehicles in the Toyota lineup. Maybe what you are mentioning about losing faith on the "toyota quality" slogan and the comment made.
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: front bearing

Postby gnegroni » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:36 pm

I fixed my bearings too and solved my problem. G, out!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5