[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SE vs SE Sport vs SLE
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

SE vs SE Sport vs SLE

SE vs SE Sport vs SLE

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 am

I have the 2005 SE Sport. I know the SLE has a much softer suspension and is more luxury than it is sport.

What about the SE?
Is the ride as stiff as the SE Sport? Or is it more soft/luxurious as the SLE? Or does the SE have it's own suspension?

I was just curious.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sparky5e » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:20 am

I was told by the dealer the SE and SLE have the same suspension and drive train. Only difference is trim level and is mainly fabric/leather, faux wood and different sized wheels.

The sport model is the only trim level to have the stiffer suspension, lip kit and a larger rear spoiler.
07 SLE Convertable
Blue Streak Metallic
TRD FSTB and RSB, OSB Pedals, OEM Nav, CPE Intake, Stainless sills, "color matching" floor mats
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HID04V6 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:38 am

The SLE also has more safety features, such as TRAC and VSC. I don't think you can get VSC on any trim level except for the SLE. The SLE also offers more options such as heated seats and navi, 2 things that can't be had on any other trim level.
HID04V6
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby vuuuuu » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:32 am

The SLE has a larger rear spoiler? I didn't know that. Does anyone have pic comparisons?
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist Solara
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:10 am

vuuuuu wrote:The SLE has a larger rear spoiler? I didn't know that. Does anyone have pic comparisons?

the SE SPORT on the 07 had a larger spoiler
pxl jeff changed his spoiler to an 07 sport spoiler
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby vuuuuu » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:51 am

Ahh.. I see now. It really is a lot larger.
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist Solara
vuuuuu
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mazen222 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:13 pm

From Wikipedia"

The current Toyota Camry Solara is available in three trims: SE, SE Sport, and SLE. The SE comes standard with power windows, locks and mirrors, keyless entry, cruise control, satellite steering wheel audio controls, a six-speaker CD stereo, 16-inch wheels and tires and a multifunction trip computer. The SE Sport offers a stiffer suspension with sportier looks including: 17-inch wheel and tires, an exterior body kit, graphite-style interior trim, a unique gauge cluster, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. The most expensive model, the SLE, offers a more luxurious interior with automatic climate control, wood grain trim, Homelink, a power-adjustable driver seat, a moonroof, a JBL premium audio system with a six-disc CD changer and, on V6 models, leather seating.

With the SE and SE Sport trims you have the choice of the 6-cylinder (225 horsepower) engine or the 4-cylinder (157 horsepower) engine. With the SLE trim, the 2001-2003 model uses only the 6-cylinder engine, while the 2004-current SLE Camry Solara comes with the option of a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine, with the exception of convertible models. All 4-cylinder engines come mated with a 5-speed manual or automatic transmission, while the 6 cylinder engines only come with a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift-gate.
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:53 pm

mazen222 wrote:From Wikipedia"

The current Toyota Camry Solara is available in three trims: SE, SE Sport, and SLE. The SE comes standard with power windows, locks and mirrors, keyless entry, cruise control, satellite steering wheel audio controls, a six-speaker CD stereo, 16-inch wheels and tires and a multifunction trip computer. The SE Sport offers a stiffer suspension with sportier looks including: 17-inch wheel and tires, an exterior body kit, graphite-style interior trim, a unique gauge cluster, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. The most expensive model, the SLE, offers a more luxurious interior with automatic climate control, wood grain trim, Homelink, a power-adjustable driver seat, a moonroof, a JBL premium audio system with a six-disc CD changer and, on V6 models, leather seating.

With the SE and SE Sport trims you have the choice of the 6-cylinder (225 horsepower) engine or the 4-cylinder (157 horsepower) engine. With the SLE trim, the 2001-2003 model uses only the 6-cylinder engine, while the 2004-current SLE Camry Solara comes with the option of a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine, with the exception of convertible models. All 4-cylinder engines come mated with a 5-speed manual or automatic transmission, while the 6 cylinder engines only come with a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift-gate.

My SE Sport has power adjustable driver seat, V6, leather interior, JBL 6-disck stereo and moonroof.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby philosophicaljt » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:07 pm

^But no automatic climate control. which I love :)

I really wish my car was a SE Sport with leather, navi, moonroof, and JBL. I would love to have that lip kit and that suspension :)
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:51 pm

CosmicGrooves wrote:
mazen222 wrote:From Wikipedia"

My SE Sport has power adjustable driver seat, V6, leather interior, JBL 6-disck stereo and moonroof.

Those are called options...SLE has all that standard.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:42 am

vuuuuu wrote:Ahh.. I see now. It really is a lot larger.

Yeah - that's what SHE said! :rofl: :lol:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby **PoshPepper** » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:10 am

PXLpainter wrote:
vuuuuu wrote:Ahh.. I see now. It really is a lot larger.

Yeah - that's what SHE said! :rofl: :lol:

God... always something sexual with you... LOL!!!!!!
The Original... SOcalLARA
Milt's OTHER ride
**PoshPepper**
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: SE vs SE Sport vs SLE

Postby alky181 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:29 pm

I know this is an old post. I have a 2007 SLE 2.4L I upgraded everything to TRD. I have the TRD Springs, Strut Bar, Sway Bar and Muffler. So, would this be like the Sport Model or better because I have the luxury items as well. I may be selling it too. I'm moving to Hong Kong I only have 60k miles on it with another 1 year or 24k extended warranty.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5