[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Any helpful tips installing windscreen?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Any helpful tips installing windscreen?

Any helpful tips installing windscreen?

Postby cyrex » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:57 pm

I know some of you out there have installed the windscreen for the convertible. I just wanted to know if anyone has any helpful tips or suggestion when installing your windscreen.

The directions that comes with it is good but I'm pretty sure some of you may have some tips or ways of installing it easier or cleaner. So I just wanted to see what are some of your experience when installing yours.

Thanks PXLpainter for the tip.
2006 Solara V6 SE Convertible
Color: Lunar Mist Metallic
Stock
cyrex
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MCOjerry » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:04 pm

I think Jeff is the only one that has one...possibly Gadget too, but it's not a popular accessory on here; most likely because there aren't many convertibles.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Good luck! :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: Any helpful tips installing windscreen?

Postby bullinger.mg » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:56 am

does anyone still have the windscreen installation template....I have a screen to install but no template
bullinger.mg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mplowman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:55 pm

I bought one last year from another member here at SolaraGuy. I took the easy way, the dealership installed it for $100, took about an hour. I will look and see if I can find the template and instructions that came with it. Having just moved it might not be the easy. It was well worth it to keep the wife's hair in place, when the top is down.
Marc Plowman
2006 SE Convert
mplowman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bullinger.mg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Marc, it would help me alot!
bullinger.mg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rasputkid » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi there. Just bought a 2007 Solara Convertible and am looking to buy a Toyota windscreen and install it (preferably myself unless it is really very complicated). I tend to do minor work on my car but not if it needs drilling or making new holes or anything. If any of you can forward any materials/instructions on how to install, or provide tips, I'd appreciate. I am downloading the repair manual now that may or may not have info... I have been told that I need to buy a hardware kit, but I'm not sure of the part number. Is this do-able by a mechanically-inclined individual or you really have to know your stuff?

Thanks!
rasputkid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:03 am

http://www.amazon.com/Convertible-2005- ... 285&sr=1-1

Drill two small holes in the plastic sides of the back seat and you're good. (Correction... your 2007 has the holes already) Took 5 minutes to install. I'm happy with mine. And it's got to be easier to get than the Toyota.
In fact, that most recent review is mine.

Here's a review from someone that bought the Toyota part first...
I have 2008 solora SLE and I bought a windscreen from the Toyota dealership (theirs was only $315.00 - much cheaper than the one from love the drive) BUT, once I got it home I soon found out that you have to drill holes in the plastic side panels and not small ones at that. So, I took it back - toyota charged a restock fee of $75 and then I purchased this windscreen (no drilling). Great item, cuts down on wind noise by 85% and the chill factor by about 75%. Well worth the money - will extend your top down season by another two months.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby rasputkid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks very much for the input. I was concerned about buying the LovetoDrive one, so this is super-helpful. Appreciate...
rasputkid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yar02169 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm

As part of the deal when I bought my car in 2005, I had the dealer throw the windscreen in to seal the deal. He wasn't to happy when he found out the retail price was $495, hee, hee, hee. Anyway, the installation was left to me, which was no big deal to do at all. It's more nerves of cutting into a car that was a week old.

Since then, it did it's job for the 55k miles I have put on it, but now it does need a little TLC. The elastic straps that hold the screen over the rear seat are stretched and need to be replaces. The bigger issue is that the metal rod that keeps the screen covering the back seat has worn through the leather corner, and now likes to bounce around and make noise. The screen hasn't been used this summer because of that.
yar02169
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5