[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - driver side window
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

driver side window

driver side window

Postby LostSoul » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:56 am

yesterday i noticed that when i roll down my window(driver side)it makes a big thump sound louder than the passenger one.when it goes all the way down it even shakes the side view mirror.

has this happen to somebody else???

luckly i got the electrical warranty when i bought the car so im a spin by the stealer.2 see was up with that.
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby System_Crash » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Not to be smart but I hope the electrical warranty isn't the only warranty; because more than likley you're window regulator has gotten loose or has some slack in the rails/where the window attatches/ or the cable drive system/ or there is something wrong with the (window position sensor / window controller)I'm not 100% sure on the yodas but I know chrysler/dodge has "window controll modules" and some have "window position sensors"
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Somedude » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:18 pm

I had to get my Solara fixed for a window problem one time, it wasn't like yours but the window would go up higher than it should when it closes.

It turned out that the part where it makes the window go up and down was broken.

The repair didn't cost anything for me as it was fixed under warranty.
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DaOnoKine » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:26 pm

I got the same problem. Theres a rubber bumper at the end of the window track that has become brittle and is possibly broken. I couldn't find a replacement part so I tried to super glue it back together. It worked, but only lasted a year. I gotta fix it again soon. The dealership should take care if this issue if you still have the warranty.
Black 2005 SE Sport 4cyl 5spd manual
--------------------------------------------
Tein SS Damper System
Injen Intake
DaOnoKine
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby LostSoul » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:36 pm

all of a sudden it doesnt wanna do it no more im trippin out! but im still gonna roll by the stealer on tuesday
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 pm

My passenger did that a bit so I don't roll it down completely. I roll it down far enough so you won't see it but not far enough down so that it will make the hit.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby System_Crash » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 am

Any update on this problem, what did they say?

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:50 am

After mine made this loud clank, the cable broke and it wouldn't roll back up...lol. Trust me, it wasn't funny then, but I can laugh about it now. Link below was the discussion thread.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=40219&highlight=window+motor

Good luck.

-M
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby LostSoul » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:52 pm

i don't understand i took it to the stealer it wasn't doing the thump sound the service guy took it apart didn't find nothing wrong with it but when i came home it did it so i was like wth he told me to bring it by when it occurs wtf i aint going to be driving back and forth so f*&^ if it happens again and something brakes i guess they'll be responsible cause if they took it apart didn't find nothing so their technicians suck or what

if i got the warranty for the electrical can i go to another dealer so they can check to see if they see whats wrong with it or i just have to go to dealer where i bought it from?
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby System_Crash » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:34 am

Depends if its a Toyota warranty or an aftermarket one; if its an aftermarket warranty you'll have to make sure the other shop will take that kind. But I'll tell you from experience something like that can't be fixed unless it's doing it when you bring it in.
If you bring it back in WHILE its poping, they will probly order you a new regulator if its covered.

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bryanarr » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 pm

I was wondering how you fixed this problem?

My window is doing the same exact thing and it is really annoying.
bryanarr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:18 pm

hmmm same here. i get the loud thump too. im way out of warranty but its rather annoying.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5