[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Door stuck! help!
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Door stuck! help!

Door stuck! help!

Postby solaramo » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Hello,
First post here. Recently the electronic function of passenger door locked stoped working on my 04 solara. Now its stuck in the lock position! I can't manualy pull back the lock and pulling the interior door handle tries to move the lock switch but it won't budge. I thought I could pull the door panel off to check it out but I don't think the panel can come off with the door closed. Please advise! I'm about to ship it to a small island with very few resources and would like to get it fixed soon.
Thanks!
solaramo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:48 pm

did you try the key to open the door................ :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby solaramo » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 pm

jetbtkng wrote:did you try the key to open the door................ :drinking:

Sorry no keyhole on passenger side :(
solaramo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dvdchris45 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:43 pm

could be possibly a solenoid jam
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm

cant remember but cant you take the handle piece out and get access to the cable which will unlock it??

should be a plastic cover thing behind the handle which pops out, then a screw, and I BELIEVE that whole thing comes out??

its been a while since Ive gotten in there?
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solaramo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:18 am

Aotoyota wrote:cant remember but cant you take the handle piece out and get access to the cable which will unlock it??

should be a plastic cover thing behind the handle which pops out, then a screw, and I BELIEVE that whole thing comes out??

its been a while since Ive gotten in there?

I took a quick look at it yesterday and didnt notice anything around the interior handle that looked like a cover. I'll look again this afternoon... man this sucks.
solaramo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ilovemylara » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 am

The piece behind the hande is a cover.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mazen222 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 am

just take the door panel off and you will see everything behind it, its realy easy.

there is a screw in the midle of the door handle (on the inside of course), another under the black cover just next to the mirror (you can remove that cover with a flat head screw driver), and check on the bottom of the door, there rest are clip ons. Then lift the panel up and it will come off.

once remove you can see whta the problem is
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 am

mazen222 wrote:just take the door panel off and you will see everything behind it, its realy easy.

there is a screw in the midle of the door handle (on the inside of course), another under the black cover just next to the mirror (you can remove that cover with a flat head screw driver), and check on the bottom of the door, there rest are clip ons. Then lift the panel up and it will come off.

once remove you can see whta the problem is

Yup, and in case your a visual person, here is a few pics from my sound deadening tutorial that show all the screw spots

[SMAN] wrote:The Driverside door

So we start here with your standard driver side door (with or without tint) Make sure your window is up as we need to get behind it for deadening
Start in the back of the control module. Pry it up as the front is hooked under and you will just break it.
It should come up and disconnect the cable. Also takeout the screw that is there.
The panel behind the latch pops out and there is another screw that needs to be removed.
Undo the cap on the right to reveal another screw, and then take the black cover off the mirror holder.
Last two screws are down here underneith. Then the whole thing just pulls off with snap clips.
Tada!
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 pm

OP stated the door is locked shut. The screws by the mirror and along the bottom of the door cannot be reached. I guess if you popped off the cover behind the handle you might be able to unlatch the cable for the lock.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Hrmm well that does make it a bit tougher, but the locks should be mechanical. Taking out the door handle will give you access to the lock and open wires that are directly connected to the lock. Pulling (or pushing) on them should change state and possibly unlock it. If that doesn't work, you may nee to take it to toyota as I can't think if a way to get in there easily.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bbq bob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 pm

by the way,welcome to the site.
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 am

cant you call aaa and have them use a slim jim to open the door........ :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby [SMAN] » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 am

jetbtkng wrote:cant you call aaa and have them use a slim jim to open the door........ :drinking:

These doors are pretty much anti slim jim (especialy the passenger side since there is no key hole). There are plastic covers that go over the mechanical parts that prevent the shim for latching on.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5