[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - FRONT WOBBLES- HELP!
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

FRONT WOBBLES- HELP!

FRONT WOBBLES- HELP!

Postby Joe Cat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 am

FRONT WOBBLES- HELP!

So the prior owner hit a pot hole and benyt the original wheel - then he brought the car tyo the dealer and put a new rim and tire and had an alignment done-

The car still wobbles and the steering wheel is still cocked a bit- Anyone have any idea what it could be??

Joe
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 am

Have a dealer look at it, my dad ran up a median and did more than an alignment. He paid $500 for the job.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:33 am

Replace your wheel bearing.

Also, check the tie rod, CV half shaft, and your end links.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby System_Crash » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:45 pm

A good service shop should have caught a bad wheel bearing (saftey issue) I would return to the same dealer and tell them that the steering wheel is not centered and have them check if any suspension/ steering/ or bearing parts are bent/damaged. Is the wobble only when hitting the brakes? or driving down the road?
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Joe Cat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 pm

running down the road! tyhe slower the more i feel it- It has gone to an expert alignment show _ I Will keep you posted!

JOE
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: FRONT WOBBLES- HELP!

Postby gnegroni » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Way to wake up a dead post...

I believe I'm having the same issue. What solved your problem?
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: FRONT WOBBLES- HELP!

Postby gnegroni » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Well, I found my problem:

Replaced the front wheel bearings and no more groaning, cyclic wobble or steering wheel vibration. My car had 120k miles when I replaced them, but it feels like they were way past due since one of them was looking like rainbow colored (LOL). Paid around $45 for each replacement front bearing (they make the Toyota OEM ones).

I still have some vibration caused by pothole damaged tire, but no more noise... it was really bad, even more noticeable when doing corners. I could have easily confused the noise with tire noise when replaced the tires, which makes me wonder what would be the typical replacement interval.

From what I can think of, the main culprit could have been potholes, damaging tires and wheels, which would effectively end up causing excess stress on the bearings itself.

Glad I had that fixed

:)
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5