[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Brake pedal jammed before start up?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Brake pedal jammed before start up?

Brake pedal jammed before start up?

Postby DriDed » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Yesterday when I got off work, I tried to depress the brake and start the car but the brake was already depressed and the car didn't start.

A second attempt later on the car started fine and the brake worked fine again.

I don't think I inserted the wrong key into the key hole so what else could it be?

If I inserted the wrong key, I don't think that it is possible to restart the car.

Thanks for response.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:55 pm

you must have pressed it before a couple times or something... all cars do this if you press the brake pedal when its not running, it will work the first time like normal, but will work less and less the more you press it, to the point of it not moving at all.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:you must have pressed it before a couple times or something... all cars do this if you press the brake pedal when its not running, it will work the first time like normal, but will work less and less the more you press it, to the point of it not moving at all.

I am used to pressing the brake right before firing it up because I shift to either drive or reverse soon after.

But I will change my habit a bit, thanks for the response.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5