[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Latch for center console?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Latch for center console?

Latch for center console?

Postby SoLarry » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 pm

When I bought my '04 Solara the latch that secures the armrest to the shallow compartment below it was broken. The used car dealer said they would find a replacement part for it (on Ebay or something, they wouldn't buy one from a dealership). I'm getting kind of tired of the arm rest popping up every time I take off from a stop...is there any way that just the latch can be replaced? Or do I have to replace the entire armrest assembly? Here is a pic of a console with the part I need circled....

1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm

the helll with that, bring it back and demand they fix it, tellem your tired of waiting................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:24 pm

take it back to the dealer, I dont think you can buy that part, I believe its the entire center console.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Aotoyota wrote:take it back to the dealer, I dont think you can buy that part, I believe its the entire center console.

yeah you can't just replace that cause that whole center piece is sold as whole. My cupholder plastic piece that holds the cup in place is broken and I can't just buy that by itself cause Toyota doesn't sell just that part. It hella sucks.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby khim » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:58 am

I need a small clip right underneath that latch in my 04 solara. I've been trying for quite some time now but haven't found anything. it's just a clip that pushes outwards to keep the center console down.

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
khim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoLarry » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:57 am

I found this place that sells various components for Solaras http://www.toyotapartsbarn.com . A replacement cup holder is $60.69! A replacement lid assembly (only available here in grey) is $154.18.....OEM parts are not cheap!
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SoLarry » Fri May 14, 2010 5:19 pm

After 5 months of patiently waiting I went to the stealership and ordered the part. They looked it up and said it was $9.02. I had them order it, and it came in today. The used car dealership I bought the 'lara from told me to swing by and he'd reimburse me. When I picked up the part I discovered that it was the latch that latches the shallow tray to the console. The upper latch is not sold as a separate piece from the armrest. That assembly costs $200.00. When I went to the used car dealership he called the Toyota parts dept. and had them order it. It cost him $179.00. So by next week I'll have an armrest that doesn't flip open every time I accelerate from a stop!
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5