[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Member + Climate Control Lights Color Question
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

New Member + Climate Control Lights Color Question

New Member + Climate Control Lights Color Question

Postby YoungDonDraper » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey all,

First, let me introduce myself. My name's Geoff, I'm 26 and live in Royal Oak, MI a few miles north of Detroit. I just purchased a 2006 Solara SE as a replacement for my POS 2000 BMW 323i with high miles. I'd been looking at the Altima and Accord coupes, but decided to be fiscally responsible and get something a little older and cheaper. Ended up with the Solara with 53k and leather for $12,000.

One of the first things I do when I'm looking into buying a new car is to join the online forums, which led me to SolaraGuy and ToyotaNation. TN seems to be dead, am I missing any?

Anyway, overall I'm very happy with my purchase. However, the modder in me needs to change a couple pesky little things. The stereo is out of there shortly, but that's another thread.

To make a long story long, I'd like to change the green lights of climate controls, clock/temp display and stereo. I'll be putting in an aftermarket DVD at some point, so first on my list is the climate controls (I have manual).

By reading some threads it sounds like Toyota switched colors from green to blue starting in 07. I found an 07/08/09 manual climate control cluster on ebay for like $50, but they don't have the light color listed. Does anyone know if that's the case? If so, is it a direct swap, or at least close?

Thanks in advance,

- YDD
Last edited by YoungDonDraper on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby sahuddleston » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:36 pm

i did a swap on my gen1 but i am not sure on the gen 2's. welcome to SG!
2012 Ford Shelby GT500
2013 Hyundai Genesis 4.6

2002 Toyota Solara SE - First Turbo 2AZ-FE
sahuddleston
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoLarry » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Welcome to SolaraGuy YDD. Yes, that is correct....the 07's and 08's switched the lighting on the HVAC, radio, and computer / clock / temp from green to blue, and the radio added MP3 capability....it should be an easy plug & play swap....just be aware that there are 2 types of HVAC units, which are not interchangeable, the manual AC (3 knobs) and automatic AC (digital LCD display with buttons).
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5