[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara switchblade key/remote
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Solara switchblade key/remote

Re: Solara switchblade key/remote

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

solarry! been awhile since we've seen you on the boards. when i bought my solara it only came with one key as well... I went to ebay/amazon and bought the fob for less than $10 (bought 2 of em), programmed em real easy, but to get a duplicate key made at the dealership is where the main cost came from. I couldn't find anything that actually worked to program the transponder myself either. looks like you're going to have to re-do the process again... but at least you had a good run. $70 of convenenience that lasted a year and half.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Solara switchblade key/remote

Postby Black Bob » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:19 am

Suddenly I'm interested in this thread, my FJ only came with one key and with an integrated fob. I asked my closest Toyota dealership how much and they quoted me ~$250 to order a fob-intergrated OEM key and program. :o Holy :bleep2: !! Then I saw this hood locksmith ad in this hood magazine where a guy would come out to your house and do it. The prime word in that sentence is "hood", I don't trust any guy who has a roving key cutter and programmer in the back of his SUV rolling on 30-inch blades and only charging $79. Maybe he's a trustworthy guy, maybe my FJ will come up missing with my parts showing up in Taiwan--I just can't trust.

My other thought is that I'm getting a CompuStar soon from my TRUSTED alarm guy whereby when he installs it I don't need that OEM key nor the integrated fob--the alarm install will bypass OEM immobilizer and come with it's own remote. He's charging me $550 installed so why pay $250 for an extra key when eventually I can go anywhere and get a regular ol' extra key later after the install.

No matter the alarm, if somebody can get me an OEM key and program replacement for $79, I'd still be interested.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest
Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5